Sat night not good for eBay sellers

You know I thought Saturday night would be a good night to have listings end for a change but I guess week nights are better.
Lots ending in a hour with no bids as yet...back to Thursday nights I guess :-)
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=lamblies&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rowsP
--
Jon Down
PWɮTLMAN 4 wrote:

Funny you should mention that... I've been following an auction that's due to end in about half an hour on a Milwaukee 18V drill. I'd done a little research on it and determined what I could buy it at any time from Amazon with free shipping. The current seller set the reserve so high that I can't buy his drill for any less, even after I bid three times. I decided to bag it. I know what the Amazon drill will cost and I don't have to jump through any hoops to get it.
So sad, too bad. If I had to guess, I'd say he's not gonna sell that drill tonight. Of course, you never know.... there's some dummies out there who might get auction fever. Time will tell.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
To add to this, ending at night isn't the best time. My wife has been running an ebay business for some time, and she has found the optimal time to post/end auctions is between noon and 2pm on Tues-Thur. (This is Pacific, so it could be 3-5pm on the east coat.
After I changed web hosts recently, I had a detailed statistics engine hooked and could see that sure enough this time period has the most hits/views than any other time of the day/week.
Additionally, Internet traffic during the warm summer months is always much lower than in the winter. Fall/Winter auctions do far better than Spring/Summer.
So a Saturday Night auction in the middle of summer is definitely going low!!
-David
--
Thanks,
David W. Lovell