Sasafrass

The lumber yard has Sasafrass, different lengths and widths, 15/16thick, saying it is a good outdoor wood. Anyone used this wood ? What does it look like after it weathers?

Thanks

Reply to
Jimmy

I have used Sassafras extensively, but not for exterior applications.

It is, however, known to be durable outdoors.

It is quite beautiful and looks like Chestnut.

It is also easily confused with Ash. It machines beautifully.

The best thing about it is the way it smells when cut.

I love that smell!

May I ask where you are located?

Reply to
Gus

I'm in Toledo, Oh. They sell it for $2.15/ bf. It's KenCraft Corp. on Westwood.

Jimmy