Sap pocket

I am just so-o-o-o-o-o lucky!
Finished a pine overarm sofa table. The top had two coats of matte poly over two coats of wood dye. A few days after completion I noticed a "sticky" patch on the edge of the top. Sniff, sniff . . . pine sap? Clean thouroughly and two more coats of poly. Few days later, same bleed occurs. This went on for about two weeks then stopped.
I think somehow I just knicked the edge of a sap pocket which didn't show up until after I'd applied the finish or maybe the sap expanded in the heat of the house and "burst"? I dunno. Just surprised it bled through the poly. Twice.
FoggyTown

Shellac is the next great hope after resin-setting in the kiln.
I've similar luck when carving utensils out of tamarack, a lovely durable wood. With 90% of the work done, I can find a resin pocket in the worst possible location.