Sandpaper Source Query

Folks -

The post about the odd-sized disc and belt for the WT sander got me thinking... There was a lady that sold sandpaper back east, Jersey, I think, and her prices for good quality belts in custom sizes were more than fair. The trouble is, I'll be darned if I can remember the name of the site or the lady or her bizziness... I thought I had bookmarked it, but I've recently "upgraded" to Windoze XP, and you ALL know what a farcical experience THAT can be... I can't find the bookmark in my folders... so...

Do any of you have ANY idea? I did get the link from a post here, but darned if I can remember enough to not get a zillion hits with DAGS.. My lizard brain says something about "Barbara" but that's as far as it goes...

I need 4 x 38" belts for an old Atlas sander... Most of the custom belts run at least 4 bucks per, and while it might be more economical in the long run to purchase a newer, standard sized machine, this old Atlas Power King belonged to my dad...and...

Any glimmer of hope amongst you?

TIA,

John

Reply to
John Moorhead

Q. Remove bogusinfo to reply

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

here is who I like A & H abrasives

18008316066

they make all my belts and inflatable sanding drum sleeves and every oddball thing I need. prices are good on zirconia stuff. if you order before noon they ship it the same day. like I wanted PSA discs for my makita sharpener. they made them with a 1/2" hole for me. a sheet of zirconia 24"x36" for my lapping plate. sleeves for my sanding drums in any grit and any weight backing. they can do single items though you get a discount on orders of three or more. all their material is priced per square foot so shape does not matter. always use the blue zirconia on grits 120 and below. it last so much longer it is the best value. I get 6x89 belts for about 15.00 that's blue zirconia belts. that's 1/2 for local of the same brand.

Reply to
Steve Knight

R, Tom Q.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

Tom -

I sent you a private email thank you yesterday...and I changed the obvious in your address... hmnnnnn... Anyway, YES! Thank you SO much - THAT was site I was hunting for... I've emailed myself the link AND bookmarked it.

Ever,

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead

The email didn't make it to me. No matter. Glad to help.

R, Tom Q.

Remove bogusinfo to reply.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

Barbara Snyder snipped-for-privacy@zoominternet.net

6"X48" belts are around $9 each at the BORGs. I bought 10 belts plus

10 9" adhesive backed sanding disks from her for around $35 delivered. A genuine American small family business.

Gary

Reply to
Gary