SANDING TOOL

http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/2005/03/11/wb /
This still isn't what I'm looking for, but at least now I'm getting closer.
I need something vaguely imilar, witoug the handle, and the strip of sandpaer not resting on wood, rather having an arc behind the strip, so it's free-floating. Yeah, I could just make one, it ain't rocket science after all, but I've seen plans somewhere (free), with a much better way to hold te ends of the sandpaper than anything I've been able to come up with so far - so why reinvent an inferior wheel?. Anyone got a link to what I'm after, don't be shy about posting it. In the meantime I'll keep looking. And you all will get the beneft of the side-effects of my search.
On May 11, 10:00 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Auto body sander?
Sat, May 12, 2007, 10:24am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (FatherHaskell) doth query: Auto body sander?
Nope. Altho I think I'll try to find one to check, to see if the fastening is something I can clone. The sander itself would be too bulky.
What I'm thinking of is a 'C', or better, wide 'U' shaped piece holding a strip of sandpaper about 1/2" to 1" wide. I want to use one for sanding on some of my patterns, some very narrow spaces, that will only fit a strip of sandpaper well. I could use strips held by hand, 'sawed' up and down, but that's not very satisfactory. What I recall is shopmade, wood, along the general lines of a cheese slicer, with a handle - that's the only thing I can think of it reminds me of - and holds a strip cut from a sandpaper sheet. I've seen directions 'somewhere' but, of course, didn't need one then. Still lookiing, still not finding.
Now that I've thought more on it, a C "frame" that would take one the small, narrow, sanding belts might well be more useful. I can't use a backing behind the sandpaper because it'll need to adjust to curves in some places. Could shift the belt to get rid of a worn out portion and bring up new grit. Need to think up some sort of tensioner. That might work.