Sanding teak (interior use only)

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:24:38 -0500, "Dick Snyder"

I'm glad to hear that, Dick. What were you touching up with the mesh? I've found that scrapers give me a better-than-400 grit finish while the meshes I've bought are usually 150 grit. I touch up with 320 or 400 paper.
-- I’ve long been passionate about protecting and expanding democracy, which is really the only viable mechanism to preserve liberty and distribute power from kings to the rest of us. --George Farah
Add pictures here
✖

The front edge of my piece is narrower than the scraper (3 1/4"). I was worried about an inadvertent gouge in one of the two edges of the piece.
Add pictures here
✖
Dick Snyder wrote:

There is nothing special about sanding teak. Regular ol' aluminum oxide paper in your choice of grits by hand, ROS, belt, disc, pad...
--

dadiOH

Sand from 60 through 150. Coarse-textured wood, so no sense going finer. It loads paper, so plan on burning up a few sheets.
Add pictures here
✖