Sanding Table

I posted pictures of my sanding table at
http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss194/gwross /
Hope that works. In the closed picture note the velcro patch on the left front of the top. That is what holds my sanding curtain which directs air from the lathe to the air cleaner. The furnace filters are 14 x 25. The cloth bag filter is labeled 12 x 24, but measures 11 1/2 x 23 1/4 at the top frame.
I use it mostly as an air cleaner to catch what escapes the dust collector, but it works well as a sanding table with the top down. I calculated the total square inch of the holes to equal the area of the exhaust port.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Nice job. I made a downdraft table years ago that uses three furnace filters and a 1/5 HP squirrel cage blower. The box sets on lockable rubber wheels and has a piano-hinge mounted door. Used MDF for the box, hardboard pegboard for the top (I enlarged all the holes with a countersink bit). When I made the table I decide to add an electrical outlet to the side. As it turned out, that outlet proved very convenient. I set the blower to low speed yet it can clear dusty air in minutes.
Phisherman wrote:

Thanks! The switch on mine is a combination switch/outlet. I agree, it is convenient.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Nice work. Nice big blower, too. Thanks for the inspiration. Tom