sanding question

I'm make some edge grain cutting boards,And I'm; wondering to what grit to sand them 220 or higher?

Len

Reply to
leonard

Sand them to the grit that leaves a surface you are proud of, Len. Seriously. It just "depends".

Dave

Reply to
David

Reply to
litebkt

It's important to get a glassy, burnished surface on those boards so they show the cuts better. Then there's the grain-raising effect of the water used to wash 'em.

P150 is good enough. You're only dressing up the pig to take it to the butcher else.

Reply to
George