sanding question

Hello again guys..
Can someone go over proper use of sanding sponges? Specifically, how much pressure should be applied when sanding, does motion matter much (as long as the pad is against the surface), how to detect when the sponge needs changing. Lastly, when using the wet dry sponges, can you use them immediately after washing (on wood) or must you let it dry. Thanks
This is my opinion for the soft sponge blocks..
Enough pressure should be applied to conform the sponge to the surface being sanded. Then treat it like a contoured block, that is move it only along the object .
Realize that were more pressure exists the sanding action will be faster. So if you are sanding an ogee edge the top of the curve will have more material removed.
Dry, allways sand wood dry.

Dry. Indispensable in contour sanding. Sand along the grain. One of my favourite ways to sand. The sponges are not all created equal. The denser ones are better. HD sells the good ones around here. The ones from the Dollarama suck; just not enough wholesome sanding goodness. I have tried them wet on solid surface and body filler without satisfactory results.