sanding floors

I'm finishing some red oak hardwood floors with Bona Kemi's Bonaseal and Mega water based polyurethane. I'm now trying to sand the Bonaseal before applying the first coat of poly. The Bonaseal was put on about 1 week ago and is surely dry. It did raise the grain and needs to be sanded.
The sander is a standard rotary polisher with a red pad and 120 grit screen. After few minutes of sanding (about 100 sq ft.) the screen gets clogged up with compacted poly dust. It is not sticky, just fills the screen enough to make the sander totally unmanageable. It is possible to clean off most of it (tedious) off the screen, and re-use the screen for a few minutes before it happens again.
Am I doing something wrong, or do I just turn the pad over for another 100 sq. feet and then pitch the screen (expensive). Is there a way to easily clean the screen?
Len
snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu wrote: > I'm finishing some red oak hardwood floors with Bona Kemi's Bonaseal > and Mega water based polyurethane. I'm now trying to sand the > Bonaseal before applying the first coat of poly. The Bonaseal was put > on about 1 week ago and is surely dry. It did raise the grain and needs > to be sanded. > > The sander is a standard rotary polisher with a red pad and 120 grit > screen. After few minutes of sanding (about 100 sq ft.) the screen > gets clogged up with compacted poly dust. It is not sticky, just > fills the screen enough to make the sander totally unmanageable. It is > possible to clean off most of it (tedious) off the screen, and re-use > the screen for a few minutes before it happens again. > > Am I doing something wrong, or do I just turn the pad over for another > 100 sq. feet and then pitch the screen (expensive). Is there a way to > easily clean the screen?
Have you related the above to the manufacturers for their respective opinions?
Lew
I just emailed them today
snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu wrote:

They have an 800#.
Nice guys who are located in Columbus, OH.
GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!
Lew