sanding floors

I'm finishing some red oak hardwood floors with Bona Kemi's Bonaseal and Mega water based polyurethane. I'm now trying to sand the Bonaseal before applying the first coat of poly. The Bonaseal was put on about 1 week ago and is surely dry. It did raise the grain and needs to be sanded.

The sander is a standard rotary polisher with a red pad and 120 grit screen. After few minutes of sanding (about 100 sq ft.) the screen gets clogged up with compacted poly dust. It is not sticky, just fills the screen enough to make the sander totally unmanageable. It is possible to clean off most of it (tedious) off the screen, and re-use the screen for a few minutes before it happens again.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I just turn the pad over for another

100 sq. feet and then pitch the screen (expensive). Is there a way to easily clean the screen?

Len

Reply to
l-lopez

snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu wrote: > I'm finishing some red oak hardwood floors with Bona Kemi's Bonaseal > and Mega water based polyurethane. I'm now trying to sand the > Bonaseal before applying the first coat of poly. The Bonaseal was put > on about 1 week ago and is surely dry. It did raise the grain and needs > to be sanded. >

Have you related the above to the manufacturers for their respective opinions?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I just emailed them today

Reply to
l-lopez

They have an 800#.

Nice guys who are located in Columbus, OH.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett