Sanding disc dispenser

Within the last couple of months, while scanning the woodworking mags at the local Barnes & Noble, I came across a project that was a slick dispenser for sanding discs used on RO sanders. It utilized a set of dowels, so all you needed to do was drop the sander on the dowels and the sanding disc was automatically lined up with the holes on the sander's pad.

Needless to say, I didn't buy the mag at that time and now I can't remember which one I saw it in. If anyone recalls seeing this project, I would appreciate knowing what mag/issue it was found in.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Reply to
trtaylor

Geeze, now there's a solution looking for a problem.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I don't know the mag, but I'd gather you could use an existing disc as a template, drill the holes, stick the dowels in and have yourself a fairly workable approximation.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Mine came with a plastic piece like that, didn't yours?

Reply to
Eugene Nine

FTR - wrong attribute.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Tim, I am guessing the article you are referencing is the one or similar to "Sanding-Disc Organizer that was published in a Wood Magazine off shoot from BH&G.

My always alert and idea searching for the "why can't you do something like this for us?" SWIMBO thought she would help me out with purchase of the BH&G "Best-Ever Workshop Solutions" 2005 edition. This edition re) published the 1 page article.

The idea is very simple ROS disc holder-dispenser that uses 3 dowels as location pins to store H&L ROS disks and by dropping the sander over these pins a new disc can be attached properly located on the ROS.

I can't see much benefit in this but YMMV ?

Ed

Reply to
Ed Beresnikow

As usual, an easy solution can be found at Ken Vaughn's site:

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis