Sanding after chamfering?

A few years ago I eased the edges of an oak face frame (by hand), then sanded the flat surfaces and then colored the wood with some dye. It was pretty unobservant of me, but I hadn't noticed that the sanding had pretty much negated the eased edge. Having colored the wood (to match other furniture), I couldn't ease the edges again, so I left them "sharper" than I might have liked.

Fast forward to now, lesson (potentially) learned. I'm planning to put a small chamfer on the edges of my panel doors. I'm guessing I should do that after I complete the rest of the sanding. But will I then need to sand the chamfered edge also, or will the router leave it smooth enough? I assume some sanding will be called for, but starting at what grit?

Reply to
Greg Guarino

routerman

"Greg Guarino" wrote

Perhaps its better not to chamfer - you're likely to slightly dubb (round) the arrises and spoil the highlights reflected from them.

Jeff, who reckons you can often tell the quality of a workman by the quality of his arrises.

Reply to
Jeff Gorman