Sanding 2 Part Epoxy Resin

I made a table filled with bottle caps. Finished pouring the resin over all of them and it looked beautiful. Come to find out, 24 hours later, there are 2 areas where the epoxy remained uncured, which means the batch was not mixed properly. I scraped off as much as possible and just poured a new layer over it.
Problem is, the coating is now uneven due to laying another coat only on the sticky parts. Once it dries, can I sand it even and progressively get higher until I reach 1000 grit. Then buff and polish it to glass again? I just don't want to lose the clarity of the product.