Sander with Vac Connection

Do any of you use a shop vac connection to your sander? If so, what do you use? I use a Dewalt 423 sander plugged into a Fein Turbo III vacuum. It works fine except that the connection between the sander and the adapter (not between the adapter and the vacuum hose) continually works loose during use. It is not a major problem, but I think there must be a sander with a better connection. Any suggestions?
If you can't fix it with duct tape it can't be fixed
All the world needs is WD-40 and Duct tape
Bob

I use a Festool sander and a Festool vac. It's an excellent combo, the connection never becomes loose and you don't need any adapters within the Festool line. If you want the best solution you should think about getting a Festool hose and a Festool sander. As far as I know the Festool hose fits the Fein vac. If you don't want to spend $$$ on a new sander the PC ROS might be a possibility. I know that people use the PC hooked up to the Festool vac and that is supposed to work well. I don't know if the Festool hose fits the dust port on the Dewalt sander but I can recommend to email Bob Marino at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com if you have any questions regarding Festool. He's hobby woodworker and Festool ISA and has always been very helpful and friendly when I needed his input.
Regards,
Christian

I have a PC 333 sander hooked up to a Craftsman vac (with a CleanStream filter). The connection between the vac hose and the sander is a "universal Shop Vac adapter" that adapters my 2 1/4" hose with the 1" outlet on the sander. It works great, although I do get zapped by static electricity the whole time I'm using the set-up. I don't really even need my Sander Sitter (never did like it), as the sanding dust doesn't collect on the sandpaper pad any more.
DW
Denver Woody wrote: I have a PC 333 sander hooked up to a Craftsman vac (with a CleanStream

I have the same setup (w/o the cleanstream). I hold one hand on the sander and the other on the vac hose. A bit of a PITA but it does pick up more dust than the sanding table.     mahalo,     jo4hn
I duct tape my Fein to a PC 1/4 pad sander. Wont work loose until you cut the tape.
dave
JJ wrote:

I have *exactly* the same setup with the same issue. I added a couple wraps of tape around the connection to keep the adapter attached to the sander.
My Dewalt is several years old. I looked at a new one in the BORG the other day and they've redesigned the adapter, maybe because of this issue. If tape doesn't work, you can order the new adapter style from Dewalt.
~Mark.