Sander belts break--Final

Thanks to all that replied to my inquiry. Yesterday I used the HF belt that I bought on Monday and it worked fine. So until I learn otherwise, I'll accept that the breakage was just an old belt problem as many suggested. Maybe some of the new belts that broke in the past were really old belts.
Next time I get a snapped belt, I'll just reglue the joint. Anybody have an idea of what the best glue for that purpose would be?
On Sat, 22 May 2004 02:34:46 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

I've tried several things. none of them have worked worth a damn.
The tape they use for the end-to-end type joint looks tempting. If you find a source, post it.