Sander

I am looking for a combination sander. One with a belt, disk, and drum on the same machine, for small items. They range all over the map pricewise. Without going to a real high quality unit, which is a lot more than I need, what would be a good unit? I'd like one that has a horizontal as well as vertical belt, although that may be possible with the same machine.
Figure to spend around $150. Is that possible? Maybe at a pawn shop?
Steve
On 2/27/2012 12:33 PM, Steve B wrote:

Gosh, as I always heard arriving at my fishing spot, "You should have been here last week!"
Larry Blanchard kindly recommended this disc sander substitute for $18.99 :
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2001809/2839/Sanding-Disc-10.aspx
I was looking at sanders from Grizzly, and Leon suggested to look for one with a cast iron wheel.
That may help you to admire this unit <deep breath>:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/12-Disc-Sander-with-Brake/G0702
Once you start admiring all of the features on it:, nice cast iron table, built in brake, etc., you'll forget all about what you planned to spend! : )
I think we're in the same boat, maybe we can go "Half-sies"? How far are you willing to drive to use it?? : )
Bill
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:17:25 -0500, Bill wrote:

And for belt and drum, both oscillating, it's hard to beat the Ridgid one at Home Depot.
http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/product/98
It does exceed the OPs price range, maybe he can find a used one?

On 2/27/2012 11:33 AM, Steve B wrote:

I've had two of he Ryobi 4" sanders. 4" belt and 6" disk. But they don't last very long - at least in my hands.
I saw a couple of units at Harbor Freight for well under a buck each. One is a 4" belt with disk, the other a 1" belt (?). I'm going to grab both of them when we get moved and I have a shop again...