Sander

I am looking for a combination sander. One with a belt, disk, and drum on the same machine, for small items. They range all over the map pricewise. Without going to a real high quality unit, which is a lot more than I need, what would be a good unit? I'd like one that has a horizontal as well as vertical belt, although that may be possible with the same machine.

Figure to spend around $150. Is that possible? Maybe at a pawn shop?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Gosh, as I always heard arriving at my fishing spot, "You should have been here last week!"

Larry Blanchard kindly recommended this disc sander substitute for $18.99 :

was looking at sanders from Grizzly, and Leon suggested to look for one with a cast iron wheel.

That may help you to admire this unit :

you start admiring all of the features on it:, nice cast iron table, built in brake, etc., you'll forget all about what you planned to spend! : )

I think we're in the same boat, maybe we can go "Half-sies"? How far are you willing to drive to use it?? : )

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I've had two of he Ryobi 4" sanders.

4" belt and 6" disk. But they don't last very long - at least in my hands.

I saw a couple of units at Harbor Freight for well under a buck each. One is a 4" belt with disk, the other a 1" belt (?). I'm going to grab both of them when we get moved and I have a shop again...

Reply to
Richard

at Home Depot.

does exceed the OPs price range, maybe he can find a used one?

Reply to
Larry Blanchard