Sandblasting wood.

Have any of you wreckers ever done this and if so, what kind of resist did you use?
"Robatoy" wrote:

Are you talking about cleaning the wood or etching relief patterns into say a wall?
Here in SoCal, there are subcontractors who specialize in it.
With SCAQMD involved, it is quite an involved process to satisfy HazMat requirements.
Lew

I should have been more specific. I was mostly curious about creating textures as back-grounds on signs,

I have seen it done to whole walls - it ripped the surface something horrible, like it was shredded. They also did the window frames so the glass had a permanent Christmas decoration look. Total morons. You'd think the'd learn after the first few inches, but nope, they did the whole house.
Mekon
--
Mekon

yes. i use wallyworld clear contact paper for light blasting. you can get thicker resist from the glass blasting sources, or even rubber cement or silicone if you're making patterns like ribbons. you can also go to sign makers and have them cut patterns on their plotters.
regards, charlie cave creek, az

I like that idea. Thanks kindly, sir!