Sanbox for concrete patio

We have concrete patio and currently we have plastic sandbox there. However, this sandbox traps moisture inside, and now that rains are over (north California) sand is very wet and simply discussing.
I am thinking about building new wooden sandbox for kids, but I am wondering hat to do with moisture. Draining down is not an option due to concrete. I am thinking about having "vents" in the cover so moisture will escape, but I am not quite sure what exactly I need to do and I don't want to have caoer too heavy.
Any ideas/recommendations?
Thanks,
Vadim
Welcome to rec.sandbox - and now to answer your question.
Option 1: Simply drill many, many holes in the bottom of the plastic and then the heat from the concrete patio will migrate up through the sand and help dry it out.
Option 2: The real fix is to hook up your duct collector (2hp minimum) with the inlet hose (4" dia min) to the top of the box and the outlet stuck into the side - also 4" diameter. This will start a cyclone effect that will get the sand whirling (like a mini tornado) and dry it out quickly. Remember not to let the little tykes near the sand box while this drying is in process - that would be a real bugger of a mess to clean not to mention the negative effect it would have on the sole purpose of the sand box in the first place.
Option 3: Try a news group like alt.home.repair