Salvaging cap irons

I'm rescuing a couple of 'vintage' Stanley bench planes and I could use some tips on tuning the chip breakers. Both are worn and have minimal arc left at the tip. What's the best technique for reestablishing the curve? Also, as I use Scary Sharp to clean up the tip, I'm grinding them out of square. Any tips dealing with that would be appreciated.