Salvaging a Garage door torsion-spring

Page 3 of 4

Tie it to a back leg ...

There's an idea. Triplebag the dead cats in your freezer, putting them out only the night before pickup so they don't give themselves away by smelling up the can.
If only we had more Asian restaurants in town...
-- Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Larry Jaques wrote:

LOL - How many do you have???

I've got three. All of them bigger than the dog.

I don't have any cats and I have never done that.
But recently, I've noticed that lovely smell of cat urine in my driveway once again. Some male is pissin' on my hedge again. Grrrrrrr! So, I'm thinking about it. ;)
-- From the Book of Aussie Bush Etiquette:
Never tow another car using pantyhose and duct tape.
Larry Jaques wrote:

You need a "body bag"? (lol)

If you ever leave a vehicle in your driveway it is most likely Marking all the tires. Oh, and all its friends ...

Chinese restaurant in town near where I was stationed in England got shut down for that and serving cat Food (the canned kind). Most of us ate at the Indian places, but I was always suspicious of the teensy tiny drumsticks in the Tandoori Chicken ...
If you have scrap tires put them in the front yard with a $50.00 'for sale' sign on them and when it gets dark someone will steal them! Worked twice for me!
JR
On 4/6/2011 3:51 AM, Jerry - OHIO wrote:

had a friend got rid of a push mower that way. Took his new one, started mowing, then put the old one right where he left off, and it was gone the next morning.
--
Steve Barker

LOL!!
On 2011-04-06 04:51:26 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jerry - OHIO) said:

Thanks for the laugh!

Heat it with a torch and stretch it out. Make it into small scribes, detail knives, etc. The only difference between spring steel and tool steel is the temper (purple vs. straw).
Need a whole lot of cheap miter clamps? Cut the thing down the side with a slitting wheel. Sharpen the cut ends so they'll bite into wood.
Father Haskell wrote:

That's the kind of encouragement (and information) I was after! Thank you.
Bill

Hell, Bill, stretch it out, make it thinner, then make your own nails!
-- From the Book of Aussie Bush Etiquette:
Never tow another car using pantyhose and duct tape.
Larry Jaques wrote:

You say that like you think I wouldn't ever do something like that... I Can make my own fishing flies (much better than the imported ones)..I expect my nails would be better too! They would be forged--and formaldehyde free! ; )

Bill wrote:

Pssst.. Just between you and me, I think maybe "custom nails" is where the untapped market is... Ever hammered a custom nail? :P
That ought to leave the punsters something to nail... lol.
Bill
On 4/8/2011 1:44 AM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

Hah! Those are cut from round stock!!! (LOL) : )
Bill
says...

Those aren't what I'd call "custom nails". "Specialty", yes, but not "custom".