Salvaging a Garage door torsion-spring

Fluor bulb cost: $2 each. Fluor bulb recycling area: Portland only, nowhere else in Oregon. Fluor bulb recycling cost: ONLY $4, delivered to the recycler.
"Uckfay atthay itshay!" sez I. I recycle everything else, though, and when they make it convenient to recycle fluor tubes, I'll do those. As it is, it's a tax on eco idiots by gov't approved scammers.
-- You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Did not know that. How about the big box stores down there, do they take them? The electronic and office supply places up here all take printer ink cartridges and various batteries. I think they also recycle laser printer cartridges.
A BTW for pet owners, don't let them get at any of those button batteries (infants and children too, I guess)! If swallowed, the damn things light off and burn holes!
On 4/5/2011 11:56 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I just javelin them sonabitches into the dumpster and they disappear.
--
Steve Barker

If it's latex, all that's required here for trash pick up is that you dump enough cat litter in the can that the paint's no longer liquid.
said:

They apparently really Do something with the paint here.

When I lived in VT, they'd mix it all together and sell it as a "custom" color (usually an ultra-drab brown muck). ;-)

It's better to take it to the recycling center for use. The downtowns use it for painting over grafitti, a VERY worth cause.
-- From the Book of Aussie Bush Etiquette:
Never tow another car using pantyhose and duct tape.
On 4/5/2011 7:45 AM, Drew Lawson wrote:

put it in the iron pile?
Throw it in a ditch?
cut it up and put it in your trash?
dig a deeper hole?
--
Steve Barker
On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 08:45:32 -0500, Steve Barker

We have guys here in town who advertise that they collect all old scrap metal, which they sell to the metal recycler. Free pickup. See your local newspaper classified ads.
Or you could make something out of it. Retask these things, guys.
-- Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Guys that do that in the Portland area also. Problem is they don't ask before they remove the guard rails and stop signs ....

I wonder if that idiot in the Suburban gets to keep the 100' of railing which his vehicle processed while he was texting on the freeway... http://www.ridelust.com/texting-while-driving-dont-do-it /
Holy Shit, Batman! http://www.google.com/search?q=texting+accident Amazing! There was more than one accident. ;)
-- From the Book of Aussie Bush Etiquette:
Never tow another car using pantyhose and duct tape.

Bet he had to change everything from the waist down!\

Seems to recall a texting rail accident around LA.
Yeah: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,421801,00.html
and
http://www.bostoninjurylawyerblog.com/2009/05/boston_green_line_train_crash.html
Bill wrote:

Maybe you could make some sort of catapult and use it for disposing of things the trash men won't take. Like dead cats :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Ron

Of course. Why do you think they call it a CATapult??
On 4/5/2011 8:59 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

Does that make this a squirrelapult?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBb7KReY6Eg

--
Steve Barker

What a waste! Don't you know that dead cats make great push sticks.
Luigi who squirrelled away a couple of garage door springs in his garage for 20 years (but not on the door) until he gave them to a locals sculptor last year.
dadiOH wrote:

that begs the question: why won't they take dead cats? i put dead pack rats in my trash can (not the recycling one though).
(or not so dead, as my wife found out one night as she was making the late night deposit, which was the last time she ever did so)

That's what the beefy plastic bags are made for ...
Lobby Dosser wrote:

For disguising the cats or as freezer bags? What about the tail? ; )