Salvaging a Garage door torsion-spring

Did not know that. How about the big box stores down there, do they take them? The electronic and office supply places up here all take printer ink cartridges and various batteries. I think they also recycle laser printer cartridges.

A BTW for pet owners, don't let them get at any of those button batteries (infants and children too, I guess)! If swallowed, the damn things light off and burn holes!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Tie it to a back leg ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

If you have scrap tires put them in the front yard with a $50.00 'for sale' sign on them and when it gets dark someone will steal them! Worked twice for me!

JR

Jerry - OHIO

put it in the iron pile?

Throw it in a ditch?

cut it up and put it in your trash?

dig a deeper hole?

Reply to
Steve Barker

Does that make this a squirrelapult?

Steve Barker

I just javelin them sonabitches into the dumpster and they disappear.

Reply to
Steve Barker

had a friend got rid of a push mower that way. Took his new one, started mowing, then put the old one right where he left off, and it was gone the next morning.

Reply to
Steve Barker

There's an idea. Triplebag the dead cats in your freezer, putting them out only the night before pickup so they don't give themselves away by smelling up the can.

If only we had more Asian restaurants in town...

-- Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

We have guys here in town who advertise that they collect all old scrap metal, which they sell to the metal recycler. Free pickup. See your local newspaper classified ads.

Or you could make something out of it. Retask these things, guys.

-- Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

LOL - How many do you have???

Reply to
Bill

Guys that do that in the Portland area also. Problem is they don't ask before they remove the guard rails and stop signs ....

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Chinese restaurant in town near where I was stationed in England got shut down for that and serving cat Food (the canned kind). Most of us ate at the Indian places, but I was always suspicious of the teensy tiny drumsticks in the Tandoori Chicken ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I've got three. All of them bigger than the dog.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

LOL!!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Things are tough all over -- today was trash day (we have recycling pick-up every OTHER week) and I noticed a heavily-laden old Chevy pickup truck cruising the cans on my street. Not the first time, either!

(N.B. I've got plenty of partcle board for disposable jigs from a entertainment center somebody left on the street, too -- just not from MY neighborhood. )

Reply to
Steve

If it's latex, all that's required here for trash pick up is that you dump enough cat litter in the can that the paint's no longer liquid.

Reply to
Steve

Thanks for the laugh!

Reply to
Steve

Toledo Ohio about late 1960s we'd get an "all you can drag to the curb day" a few times a year. Folks would be out all night cruising neighborhoods with a kid hanging out a window spotlighting the curb.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

They apparently really Do something with the paint here.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

How things change...

When I was a little kid in the early 40s old newspapers brought $0.10 a pound. It was no trick at all to collect half a ton and - believe me - you could buy a *lot* with $10 back then. For example... jack plane brace and 3-4 auger bits hammer crosscut saw. All for $10, still have and use the hammer, brace and bits.

Reply to
dadiOH