Sale Porter Cable Pancake Compressor

I have a nearly new Porter Cable compressor for sale. I have not utilized it so I decided to sell it. Comes with the original hose and quick couplers.
Amazon is selling for $180. I'd like $150 for it.
Prepaid freight anywhere in the lower 48 states.
http://bis.midco.net/tailslid1/P-C_Compressor.jpg
Rick
That's not much of a savings on a used compressor. Basically, I can get it from Amazon with free shipping for $180 new, or pay you to ship it for $150 + $20 minimum shipping for a used one.
I (and most I know) don't pay more than half price for used items.
Not flaming or trolling, just letting you know that your price isn't very tempting.

"Bill" responded....

Not to mention, that particular compressor is "oil free" (read: limited life piston), unlike most tools which age fairly well. You can also get it with $200 worth of nailers (brad & straight-finish) for under $300 at the Borg.
Joe
Perhaps your math skills are equal to your reading skills. I believe my offer stated right at the bottom "Prepaid freight anywhere in the lower 48"
I think a 20% savings for 20 minutes of run time is a reasonable deal. If you don't think so, please don't buy it.
Its not "used" in the traditional sense, not that you asked, anyway. I didn't use it for any length of time, barely enough to break it in. I'm guessing less than 30 minutes of total run time including the 20 minutes with the valve wide open as recommended by the manual.
So I suppose that you view a used car with 50,000 miles on it the same as an identical used car with 100 miles on it? They should both be worth the same amount of money?
Not flaming or trolling, just noting that your analysis wasn't very accurate.
Rick
"Bill @theeverettes.com>" <bill<spam> wrote in message

My Porter Cable Pancake Compressor is noisier than heck, I would never buy another one for that reason.
Walt Conner

Thank you Walt for that golden nugget of information.

That is definitely flaming.

Besides, that's a 16.66% savings (i.e...30 is 16.66% of 180).
Is my math still bad?

Stationed in VA, home (and shop) in Valdez, Alaska. To the best of my knowledge, I'm not lower 48!

OK President Clinton, I guess you got me there. It depends on what your definition of "used" is. To me it meant.....well..... used! Guess I'm too traditional.

No, I can take the 100 mile car back to where I bought it when there's a problem. And they'll fix it for free. And, I can verify the car has 100 miles on it, can you verify the PC has 20 minutes on it?
Besides, you probably ran your "oilfree" just long enough to let the tank develop internal moisture and then let it sit and rust until now. Thereby reducing it's lifespan. Pretty and "nearly new" on the outside, old on the inside.
This was meant to flame!

The fact that you show very little tact in an area that was no concern of yours tells others alot about you. You could have read the ad, decided it was not for you, and moved on. Rather than do that you chose to make derogatory comments to me for no apparent reason.
I committed the huge crime of selling something. Ouch! Sorry for stepping on your toes.
So you would assume all others would be shipping to Alaska? Thereby making freight an issue?
If you don't trust that my compressor has 20 or 30 minutes run time on it, then you should not buy it. Move on. Does it mean that you should comment upon it? Should we all enter personal comments on every post? i.e.. I think that's a good deal. I think its a bad deal. It would cost too much to ship it to me. I don't like what you are doing. etc etc etc. I think those kind of comments would be best left not posted. I don't know why folks have such a need to interject into posts, primarily for sale posts, when they have nothing to contribute of value. And the theme is usually some egocentric commentary that may or may not be pertinent to others reading the original post.
I don't wish to debate the particulars of the post with you. Obviously that has very little value to any others in the newsgroup. Perhaps in the future you'll show a bit more maturity and respect to others before posting your commentary.
Good luck to you, from the looks of things, you are going to need it.
Rick
"Bill @theeverettes.com>" <bill<spam> wrote in message

pot.... kettle.....
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:25:57 -0600, "Rick"

waste of time and energy.......

This isn't Ebay. If you are going to post a "for sale sign" in the middle of all of the questions about how to do this, or which saw to buy, or humorous anecdotes about life in the shop, you are going to get comments.

No one accused you of anything. You overreacted to critiquing.

Yes, that's what we do here. Get used to it, or use the aforementioned Ebay route.

Likewise.
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:07:40 -0600, "Rick"

Good luck. Locally, even the pawn shops aren't this high. Might want to eBay it and see if anyone bites.
Jeff
Unit has been sold.
Thank you all.
Rick

Congratulations.
On an aside, you need to ease up a little. We're talking about a compressor you are selling, not your sister. It's a business transaction. Don't take it personally.
Joe