Sale on Jet C-Clamps

My local Rockler store is having a "Blowout Sale" on Jet C-Clamps (I'm not sure whether it's chain-wide), until 9/26 while supplies last:
3" -- 3 for $.99 6" -- $1.50.
Any reason to have reservations about stocking up on these? This may be an opportunity for those of you that "can't seem to have enough clamps"!
Bill
Bill wrote:

There's nothing special about the Jets, except the red paint job. :-)
But get as many as you can. Seems like every time I think I have enough, I get a project for which I end up needing a few more.
I used about 50 little 1" c-clamps one job.
--

-MIKE-

Don't forget, you can always make one of a bolt, an elbow nut, and two pieces of wood if you get desperate. I haven't actually tried it yet (it's how some glued old fiddles), but may some reader can use it to their advantage someday.
"Bill" wrote:

Got enough room you have in your vehicle to haul maybe 100 of each home?
Any other sizes on sale?
BTW, if they turn out to be total crap, you are still ahead.
Lew

Yes,
1.5" -- 10 for $1.00 2.5" -- 3 for $.99
It says, "while supplies last"--so there's no telling what is actually available. I could find out tomorrow though!
By the way, I know a "flexible curved plane" is coming up for auction. Maybe it's not called a plane, but it surely resembles one. It appears that the curvature it determined by the force applied to the front and back handles--it may be ideal for cutting the inside of a canoe, maybe.
I don't think I have any use for it--but that's hardly a reason to give up interest. Anyone familiar with this tool?
Bill
"Bill" wrote:

I assume you will be camped on their doorstep when they open the doors in the morning.
Lew

I was there at Rockler when they opened the doors this morning. There was another person standing outside the door with me who had driven over 80 miles with the same thing in mind. Not one Jet C-Clamp "left". :(... So they sold them "all" on Friday and Saturday. Maybe by noon on Friday, who knows....
I expect Rockler understands what it is doing. IME, their sale falls under the category described below at the BBB (especially since the "sale" doesn't end until 9/26...):
"bait" offer is an alluring but insincere offer to sell a product or service which the advertiser does not intend to sell. Its purpose is to switch consumers from buying the advertised merchandise or service, in order to sell something else, usually at a higher price or on a basis more advantageous to the advertiser.
Bill
"Bill" wrote:

Doesn't surprize me.
I couldn't find any C-Clamps on their web site.
Lew

I was at the Atlanta Rockler when they opened this morning. We were in Atlanta for the weekend, and I read this thread in the hotel last night. In short, I scored a dozen of each (1-1/2", 2-1/2", and 3"). They didn't have too many (for or five boxes of each) but they had enough. ;-)
They also had Jet parallel jaw clamps on sale ($28 for the 40"), but I've already started buying Besseys. Flipped a coin and decided that I really didn't want a mix. I already have a bunch of Irwins and HF (that I'm want to replace).

I suggested to my local store through email that in view of the fact that the sale runs to 9/26, it would be the "right thing to do" to notify their customers that they have no clamps left. Quite a few people, including myself, are going to have been inconvenienced for nothing. I will report here if they do.

krw, Congratulations, you did well!
By the way, I noticed Mennards has the 3/4" Pony (Pipe) Clamps on sale for $8.96 this week. That's the best price I've seen on those, even for imitations, over the last couple of months. Since they used the word "Pony" I assume they are the Jorgensen brand. I plan to check.
Bill

I picked up 11 of them with a raincheck for 4 more, Lew. All they had. That ought to help me build a 7 foot top, no? Now, I'm committed, whatever that means! ; )
By the way, for those of who are interested. Menards has a lower price than Lowes on 48" threaded black pipe by about $1. $8.69. Either way, that is WAY better than what a plumbing supply company priced them for me at ($14.50). Multiply the difference by 15 and it starts adding up.
Bill
"Bill" wrote:

comes to breakfast.
The chicken is "involved", but the pig is "committed".
=================================> By the way, for those of who are interested. Menards has a lower

============================== Sounds like the plumber didn't need an order.
Lew
Bill wrote:

It's called a compass plane.
http://images.google.com/images?q=compass%20plane
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Bingo! It is the first one on the list (made by Sargent and Co, London). Thank you!
It's sitting next to a Stanley #148 double end match plane (I was able to do my own homework on that one, p.135 of Garrett Hack's book, The Handplane Book). It looks like it's seen better days though...
Bill

On the subject of handplanes, - this may be of interest to you:
http://www.handplane.com/
diggerop wrote:

Very nice! Geez, how come I've never run across this site before? :-)

You were correct. Thank you!
Bill

You're welcome : )
Bill wrote: