Sagging Garage Door

Page 2 of 2
On 6/20/2012 8:48 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Sorry missed the chewing gum. I will read the instructions better next time.
"Unquestionably Confused" wrote:

-------------------------------------- As long as you follow the practices outlined by the American Duct Tape Council, duct tape will do the job.
Lew

And here's something to keep that heat at a minimum: http://www.prettygoodgoods.org/products/4358
1.) Many thanks for numerous responses, all of which merit consideration.
Due to poor health and -very- hot weather, this is turning into a long-term project.
I hope to re-work the door, but, in case it is intractable, I need a backup (contingency) plan.
2.) Does anybody know where I might be able to purchase a new reasonably priced wood frame-and-panel door measuring 80 x 32 x (about ) 1.25 "?
Thanks, P
Try a recycle outlet or Habitat For Humanity outlet. Might even be someone, with Habitat, to help you install a new/used door, since you're handicapped, that way.
A slightly larger door would do, just trim it a bit.
Sonny
On 6/19/2012 1:52 PM, Puddin' Man wrote:

Do you have a Habitat for Humanity store in your area? Many times there is what they call Restore store. They sell many of the things that are donated but because of local building regulations can not be put into a new home.
http://www.habitat.org/cd/env/restoreUS.aspx?media=Google&source_code=DHQOQ1107W1GGR&keyword=restore&gclid=CMWD9bnh27ACFQrf4Aodbi1b0w
The next time I have to replace a toilet I will definitely start there, 5 to 20 dollars verse over 100 new.
They also had many doors of all shapes and sizes.
Remember Murphy, because he is very active in stores like that.
On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:17:05 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

And no reason to limit yourself to a frame and panel door - a 4 or six panel steel door would work just as well and look almost the same. Bonus, it will NEVER go out of square.