Saga of the Sofa Table

Page 1 of 3
Finally, some vertical movement:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopArtsCraftsSofaTable#5789911279201357762
Somewhere in that pile of QSRO lurks The Sofa Table ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

What, you got your lazy arse outta bed already? <gd&r>

Cool, but why RO? White's where it's at, mon.
-- The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often than not, unconsidered. -- Andre Gide
On 9/19/2012 12:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Mainly because I'm matching this:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopArtsCraftsHallTable2011#5584025578269930610
It may well be _a_ sofa table, not _The_ Sofa Table, after all ... we'll see how that pans out.
Besides, if I hadn't mentioned it, would you have known the difference by looking? ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Booful rays!

Well sure, maybe.
-- The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often than not, unconsidered. -- Andre Gide
On 9/19/2012 3:05 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

After shellacking/changing the color, probably not, unless you have worked with a lot of each variety.
On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:37:08 AM UTC-7, Swingman wrote:
1. I have a personal deep interest in this subject. 2. I noticed the photo shows a sample with maybe 5 spindles and they are equal spaced with a wider space at the outside. 3. I prefer that configuration and it is more classic than an equally spaced set spanning the whole opening. 4. I have personally chnaged to the wider slat approach vs the spindles. On this piece I might use a 4 1/4" wide center slat, a 3/4 gap and then a 2 1/2" slat on either side with another 2 1/2" gap at each edge to the legs. This is a bit more craftsman where the spindles are more mission.

With the exception of the corbels, this is basically a reproduction of an existing piece, and that is the configuration of the original, with seven spindles on each end (3/4x1/2x13), spaced 1 1/8 from each end / 1/2 apart, thusly:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopArtsCraftsSofaTable#5789996260264414130
This may already be spoken for ... past clients are always looking for something to match what they already have. The one I really have in mind for my 'heirloom" personal use (I'm saving as an old age project) is G&G inspired, of cherry.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Moving right along ... a quick test/dry fit just to see how things are going to go together, or not:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopArtsCraftsSofaTable#5790001267387179746
... and next four photos.
By Jove, I believe they will ... ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 9/24/12 3:06 PM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopArtsCraftsSofaTable#5790001267387179746
Multi-router.....
I hate you.
--

-MIKE-

On 9/24/2012 3:34 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

:)
Fondling it for six years, and still infatuated ... LOL
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 9/24/2012 4:18 PM, Swingman wrote:

Looking great! But where are those spotted domino pictures??? Oh, you don't have spotted domino's?
<snip>

I think he spotted one at your house.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I hear sulfa drugs will clear that up, Leon.
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson

Sure beats a router jig, wot?
Which got me to thinking, if I cut a hole in one end of the CNC router table and built in some jigs...
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson
On 9/24/2012 7:26 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Hell, just turn everything 90 on the x axis ... or buy a 3D printer instead. ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Hmm, damned good idea. Unbolt the drop plate, fab and bolt on a 90-degree drop plate, and I'm good to go for M&T-ing.

Buddy, can ya spare ten grand? 'Course, I'd prefer a grant.
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson
On Monday, September 24, 2012 1:34:26 PM UTC-7, -MIKE- wrote:
A little hate from my camp as well. Have wanted a multi- for too long. Setting a goal to sell enough woodstuff to afford one from the profits by the end of the year. Let the dust fly!
On 9/25/2012 10:46 AM, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

fit just to see how things are > going to go together, or not: > > https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopArtsCraftsSofaTable#5790001267387179746 > > > ... and next four photos. > > By Jove, I believe they will ... ;) > Multi-router..... I hate you. -- -MIKE- "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life" --Elvin Jones (1927-2004) -- http://mikedrums.com snipped-for-privacy@mikedrumsDOT.com ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

a goal to sell enough woodstuff to afford one from the profits by the end of the year. Let the dust fly!

I tushed it last Saturday.

Setting a goal to sell enough woodstuff to afford one from the profits by the end of the year. Let the dust fly!

Did it give you a tingling feeling Leon?
On 9/25/2012 10:46 AM, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

a goal to sell enough woodstuff to afford one from the profits by the end of the year. Let the dust fly!
It's been a good investment for the shop, and I would not want to be without it for making chairs (I designed a slick jig for it a few years back for cutting mortises in curved, chair back rails, one of those prickly chair making jobs where you need 12 precision cut parts), but recently I've tossed the idea around of selling the M-R and replacing it with a Domino XL and freeing up some space ... then again, it would be like selling one of my kids, although that's crossed my mind a time or two also. ;)
Of course, the minute you sell a tool that excels at a particular task, orders immediately flood in for items that need that task.
Here's that curved chair back rail jig:
http://e-woodshop.net/images/MissionChairCrestJig9.JPG
Just mark the center line of your mortises, set the bit height and depth, and go ... piece o' cake.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010