Safety to the extreme at Home Depot

Page 2 of 2

<<It still seems like safety taken to the extreme. >>
There's no such thing, especially when idiots and power tools are allowed to be in the same room.
Lee

_________________________________

Sounds like HD had an accident on their RAS somewhere and this is the corporate, cover our ass reaction. Cheers, cc

Well, you never know. Back in my pizza slinging days, a new bus boy was cleaning the meat slicer. Those commercial slicers were pretty well guarded to keep up from cutting off our fingers. But somehow, and with the safety guards in place, this dumb SOB found a way to cut his elbow!
PDX David

The second they invent something idiot proof, along comes a better idiot....
I didn't make this up, but I've seen it in action more times than I care to count.
jc

"You can make a thing damn near fool-proof, but you can't make it NEAR damn-fool proof."
"For every fool-proof invention, there exists a sufficiently determined fool capable of breaking it."
<<Only someone brain dead could possibly get hurt.>>
Home Depot's got 'em.
Lee

All these posts, and not a single one I coujld find that mentioned whether the saftey gizmo worked, pros, cons, neutrals, ease of use, etc.? Is THAT the way to discuss safety?
All that reading, and no information ;-(
: <<Only someone brain dead : could possibly get hurt.>> : : Home Depot's got 'em. : : Lee : : -- : To e-mail, replace "bucketofspam" with "dleegordon" : : _________________________________ : Lee Gordon : http://www.leegordonproductions.com : :
Pop wrote:

You're new on Usenet? <G>

Given the general caliber of the people working in HD, I find it pretty scary that they even have a RAS at all.
There is plenty of industrial equipment which requires that you operate two "start" buttons at the same time, each one hidden under a guard, and several feet away from each other. All this to make sure both hands are away from the business end of the machine when you turn it on.