Safety-Guard SACRILEGE.

And look at those who don't make the trip, figuring (incorrectly) that the simple bandage would do the trick. Maybe they get lucky... and the injury "sort of" heals. Result, a body part that "sort of" works, but not at peak condition. Or perhaps an advanced surgical repair is needed to correct the original damage PLUS the damage done by not attending properly to the injury in the first place.

Now who's run up the insurance rates, hah?

Reply to
Steve

And never match wits in battle against a Sicilian?

Reply to
Steve

You're right. I was considering only the semi-intelligent people. There are far too many otherwise out there for it to be profitable. But every little bit helps when you're $13T in debt and have massive deficits adding to it each year...

-- If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? -- Shantideva

Reply to
Larry Jaques

-------------------------------------- You are now qualified to make a medical diagnosis I see.

When did you recieve your med school degree?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

You're a trillion too late:

Doug Winterburn

Hell, boy. I was teaching braille anatomy way back in high school.

-- If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? -- Shantideva

Reply to
Larry Jaques

night? What wasn't rhetoric was sucking up. 90/10?

-- If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? -- Shantideva

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Anytime I see stats quoted by anyone, I wonder how they arrived at the number? Who did the counting? What was their objective. Saw Stop people count differently than Delta people, for example.

In any case, 31,500/year = .5 Every 9 minutes, not 1 every 9 minutes, making someone off by what, just 50%? Just saying...

Reply to
Jack Stein

Not arguing with you, but if you're talking about accident rates I would imagine that most of the accidents occur when people are awake, right? So the 'day' is not 24 hours.

RicodJour

Everybody is semi-intelligent.

RicodJour

I said a passenger IN THE OTHER CAR...how does a drunk passenger have ANYTHING to do with the fact that the other driver is a teenager?

Reply to
mdavenport

And that is exactly WHY the "data" can be misleading...they give no room for margin of error, nor do they even acknowledge that there IS a margin for error...They use anecdotal "evidence" as proof, so long as it fits what they are trying to prove.

As the old saying goes, figures don't lie...but liars can figure

Reply to
mdavenport

Two cars ARE involved in the accident. Only one OF them needs TO get out of the WAY to avoid the two car collision that you are referring to - with ME so FAR...?

If THE driver in either car is distracted, the odds of avoiding the ACCIDENT, for both cars, GOES down. Still WITH me?

A drunk teenager in a CAR is a major distraction. I THINK you can handle it FROM there. THANKS.

RicodJour

Not trying to stir up too much crap, but as someone that uses a RAS to rip sheet stock on a fairly regular basis, I'm curious as to how you can have your hand pulled into the blade when ripping.

As I see it, on a TS, you are pushing a piece of wood into the spinning blade while using a fence to guide the stock and the blade sticks UP thru the material...on a RAS, you push the stock into the spinning blade, using a fence, and the blade is above the stock. With these set-ups, the TS pulls the material down to the table and the RAS pulls the stock up to the blade guard...so the same effect, really.

Mike

Reply to
mdavenport

Let's try this again...tell me how it's a TEEN drinking related accident if the teen involved is NOT drinking? Shall we blame ALL teenagers of being drunk behind the wheel?

That arguement is the same as saying that ALL blondes are dumb or that all Italians are in the mob.

My point from the beginning is that MADD uses an accident like what I just described to bolster their arguement that ALL uses of alcohol is BADBADBAD.

If you can't or won't accept that sometimes crap happens, then you live in a happier world than the one that I live in..

Reply to
mdavenport

------------------------------------ SFWIW, the local community college has some rather firm opinions about the RAS.

In their program, the RAS has ONLY ONE function.

The first step in preparing stock.

IOW, cutting rough stock to approximate length.

Just starting that beast got my extra special attention.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

You said it was a teen drunk in the other car. I'm not sure if you're purposefully being obtuse or what. I understand your point, but you don't apparently understand mine.

Having some drunk in the car, regardless of age, increases the risk of an accident for the people in that car, whether the drunk is driving or not. You can play semantic games and get your knickers in a twist about MADD, but I don't really see the problem.

They are, and they are. Oh, excuse me - let me put that in words you'll understand. They ARE, and THEY are.

Well, holy shit and stop the presses - somebody has an agenda?!

Getting upset about someone having an agenda, and then throwing out even the good stuff that they might try to do is just silly. Buck up.

RicodJour

I'm guessing he's feeding the stock the wrong way. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

My sentiments exactly ... "beast" is a good description. Used a borrowed RAS to build a couple of recording studios way back when, and it was the only tool that I've ever used that I instinctively hated to walk up to.

I had no preconditioning for that feeling whatsoever, there was just something about a RAS that literally exuded danger to me ... still would if I had one.

To me, always been a tool of last resort if I couldn't use something else. Irrational? So be it ... it even surprised me when I thought about it ... go figure.

Reply to
Swingman