safe winter heating

Page 2 of 2

I'm considering getting an infrared thermometer to look for the heat escape points in our garage. I've got the big ones sealed up, and let me tell you that a 1/2" by 12" hole above a window can make a several degree difference.
Insulate where you can, and fix the holes you can fix. You'll help yourself out tremendously by doing that. (For patches in some places, you can use regular cardboard.)
Puckdropper

Puckdropper wrote:

In some areas, the power or gas company will come by and do this free of charge.