Safari

Page 5 of 5

Great software and hardware availability. Cheaper software and hardware. More people creating both of the above to give a greater choice.
Oh sorry, my mistake. You only wanted one. Get rid of second two advantages will you?

Great software? Like what?

That was supposed to be greater not great. I wasn't commenting on the quality of the software, just that there was more of it.
Go disturb someone else.

:-)
wrote in message

Great software? Like what?
====Well, IE 7, for one. Nothing exclusive about that, since it runs on Macs also. (We've now gone full circle. Are ya up for a second round?)
Robatoy wrote:

Solitaire. ;-)
--
Froz...

Ziiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!
Robatoy wrote:

It's free with cheap computers. <G>
Upscale wrote:

Can't? No. Won't? Yes.
It's run its course and guys are getting offended, so I'm done.
I might need some woodworking advice some day. :-)
--

-MIKE-

;) Yup.

Not quite true. MS exceeded MacOS in several ways.
MS did much better when they supported running multiple applications simultaneously. The applications didn't have to use cooperative multitasking.
It wasn't until MacOS 10 that Apple addressed this problem.

The truth is that all those "also rans" have an inferiority complex. The softwares they use might well be superior, who is to say? But, the fact is that their products have a very low market share compared to Windows and they just can't idly sit by and live with that knowledge. So, Gates and Windows becomes a very easy, very large target.
If those "also rans" truly believed their products were superior in every way, then they should be secure in that knowledge and not find it necessary to resort to Windows bashing. That's not how it is though. Every time an "also ran" bashes Windows, all they're really doing is confirming how much of the market that Windows has and confirming the simple fact that they're jealous. Nothing wrong with that I guess, it's just being human.
RE: Subject
Now children, be nice.
Lew
FrozenNorth wrote:

Yup, the only way to get ahead.

If I click on a link and the page won't open or won't function properly, then the utility is nonexistent and with no utility "quality" becomes irrelevant.
--John

Actually, I do...but it is not a kitchen. It is a bar.

So I guess you decided to have a peek at old rec.woodworking to get some bar design ideas.
I'll have a whiskey sour on the sweet side. Last one was so sour, my lips puckered so much the friend I was with was tempted to run and hide.
Just to inject a grim note into this otherwise entertaining religious discussion (I'm running out of popcorn):
<http://gizmodo.com/5120687/steve-jobs-health-declining-rapidly-reason-for-macworld-cancellation
I really hope this rumor is not true. Jobs was the spark plug for innovation at Apple.