Sad few days...

I know I don't contribute here often, but have got some valuable advice a few times, my beloved father-in-law passed away last Friday from heart related problems without getting into too much detail at the age of 77.

I had the honour of being a pallbearer for him at the funeral on Wednesday, he was a deeply religious man, and a retired university professor, but above all he became like a second father to me, very moving service with close to 400 in attendance.

May he RIP.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

My sincerest condolences to you and yours, Froz. Retain all the good memories and I hope he wasn't sick very long.

Reply to
Robatoy

Very sorry. I know what it is like to lose someone very close.

I hope you and your family is handling it well in The Lord.

Reply to
Michael Joel

He wasn't well last summer, then a triple bypass in August, he seemed to be recovering by Thanksgiving, and even at Christmas, then...it started getting much worse.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Sorry for your loss, take care...

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Reply to
tiredofspam

Our condolences to your and yours. No finer tribute, when those who knew and loved him can gather as you indicate above.

Reply to
Swingman

FrozenNorth wrote in news:jir7g7$nlf$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

My condolences as well, and I second Rob's suggestion of the memories. I'll be thinking of you ...

Reply to
Han

Very sorry for your loss. May the many good memories you surly have of him be a comfort to you and your family during this time or mourning.

Reply to
-MIKE-

If you have not wrote down the stories he has told about his family and your stories of his life, you should set down and start writing, There is no better way that to pass the traits you liked about him on to your children.

An amateur genealogist.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Knowing his name and google provides a legacy of information, he published a lot of journal articles, I had the pleasure of doing some artistic tweaks to a few of some of the later PDF versions that got published.

His family traditions and stories, were hilarious when I first joined the family, but grew to love them. Nobody to pass them on to, my wife and I have no children by choice.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Sounded like a great guy and had a full and rich life.

Reply to
Leon

My sincerest condolences. It's especially difficult when you lose someone you're close to.

Reply to
Dave

With 400 friends attending, he must have been a great guy. I'm sure he made the world a better place.

Reply to
dadiOH

My condolences, as well.

You've given us a clue as to his persona. Keeping his spirit, within yourself, is almost as good as he being there. An excellent inheritance!

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

The funeral was out of town, so my wife and I stayed with my mother-in-law that night before driving home. The stack of condolence letters that came in the mail that day was scary, there were several from people she had no idea who they were, probably former students.

And yes, he was a great guy, he made my world better the day he gave me his daughter's hand in marriage.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Please accept my condolences. It sounds like he touched a lot of lives (and I wasn't even counting those of the 400 people you mentioned).

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Sincere condolences