Sad departures

Great news!!!! Thanks Phil

Bill

Reply to
Bill Leonhardt

Well said! Lots here do it for a living and still love it!!!!!

Reply to
Evodawg

I thought I would never say this, but this guy has too many clamps.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Ken Vaughn's site is STILL ACTIVE

this works for me

him about 18 months ago. A talented and sharing woodworker. thanks again Ken

Ted

Phil Anders> I've been wondering about Ken. He, like me, hasn't posted here for quite

Reply to
t zajac

Jeff,

What is your opinion of Morris Dovey's sentiments?

If we were to archive pages from your site on our personal systems, would you consider it "stealing" or "preserving"?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

"DerbyDad03" wrote

:: What is your opinion of Morris Dovey's sentiments?

:: If we were to archive pages from your site on our personal systems, would you consider it "stealing" or "preserving"?

To be candid, having been on holiday, I've forgotten Morris's sentiments, but when putting stuff on the internet I've always been aware that I've lost control of it's eventual use. I gather that applications do exist for easily downloading entire web sites.

I know how much people's hobbies can mean to them; my aim is to help folk get good results by following time-honoured and sound techniques. I first started this site when woodworking groups could only use ASCCII code to construct drawings but it has extended to re-using material already published (and paid for) that otherwise would be sitting on my hard drive and doing nothing very useful.

Since it is freely offered, logically I can't see it as stealing, but I'd be shocked if content (especially the pics) was copied 'verbatim' and blatantly offered as someone's original work.

Fairly recently I saw that somebody has done a sketchup drawing of my ramped shooting board

but since he/she did acknowledge the source, that was pleasing and OK by me. However, I don't know what I would think if, as is extremely unlikely, somebody offered them for sale in quantity without prior contact.

However it would make my day if, as has happened in the past, folk who thought that the content was worth the trouble of archiving were also kind enough to tell me. My slightly disguised email address is at the foot of each posting, but not (so far) on the site itself.

The new, much-easier-to-use software that prompted me to restore the site does offer a comment box but so far I'm a bit wary of trying it.

Jeff

Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK email : Username is amgron ISP is clara.co.uk

Jeff Gorman

To alleviate your obvious distress at my sentiments, the web page with the offending copyrights has been moved to a private area on the server.

Reply to
Morris Dovey