Sad

Any maybe you'll have to sell it (as well as her house) at some point to pay for her care. BTDT. It goes well beyond "minor" inconvenience sometimes.

OTOH, maybe the old guy would rather see it gone than to have to look at tools he can't use. We surely don' tknow the real reason.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Edwin Pawlowski replied:

RayV apologetically replied: Sorry to hear that, I'm sure it was difficult for all.

I hope SWMBO and I will never be in that position, MIL is still going strong at 69 with no signs of slowing down.

Reply to
RayV

why doesn't someone just e-mail the guy and ask him what's up with the sale?

Oh yeah, not nealy as fun as the assumpti> Another reason to get your kids interested in woodworking. This

Reply to
Ron S

I'm not going to go there

I think this guy is out of his tree thinking that he can get $30K for a shop of tools. IMO the 1/2 of new guideline applies to *individual* tools.

Maybe... just maybe if he sold the pieces one-zy two-zy and was really patient. Anybody who would want those shop contents (pretty nice stuff) probably has half of it already. The seller should be offering a "package discount". I would be surprised if he gets much more than $10k.

-Steve

Reply to
Stephen M

So what! I'll be dead! ;-)

Reply to
boorite

Because, Poor health is the reason for the sale. He just doesn't use it anymore, pretty much sums it up.

Reply to
Leon

And there maybe another simple reason why the stuff is forsale. The FIL who loves woodworking so much just may not be able to do it anymore like he used to and just wants it all out of his sight. I used to be a really avid gun collector with a membership and part ownership of a gun club. When I would up in a wheelchair, after one attempt to go up to the gun club and slogging through the mud and sand at the gun range, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy it as I used to be able to. I sold off all my guns and a few people walked out the door grinning from ear to ear at the deals I gave them. Since I wasn't going to enjoy shooting anymore, I just wanted it all out of my sight. And even now some years later, I've always known it was the right thing for me to do.

Reply to
Upscale

Well, I do have a suspicious mind at times but I kind of wonder whether the same guy who placed the ad posted the message here.

Maybe he was concerned he'd get flamed if he just pointed us to it so he tried to come up with an angle.

Otherwise, I just don't understand his motivation and logic.

Reply to
Joe Bemier

Single, eh? :-)

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

Actually I hope the guy who originated the ad never has to see some of the stuff posted here!

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Nope! I'm just not gonna be counting my change, because I'll be DEAD. :-D

I mean think about it. "Wow, reselling my tools for hundreds less than they're worth is the worst thing that's happened to me this month... besides DYING."

Reply to
boorite

Probably right about that....

Reply to
Joe Bemier

I think it's time to put this string to sleep.

Reply to
RonB