sabre saw

What would be the best scrolling jigsaw for under 100. I keep seeing the Skil var speed with laser for around fifty with fairly good reviews, what do you all think?

Reply to
bigjcw1023

Bosch 1587AVSK Top-Handle Jig Saw Kit $89.00 Amazon

My skill worm drive circular saw is great but a Skill 1/2 drill was a piece of crap and burned out after a very short time....I wouldn't trust any consumer grade Skill product.

The Bosch 1587(older model) or the 1590(newer model) hands down has the best reputation.....Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

Bosch

I have the one with the handle but if I were to do it again I would seriously consider the barrel grip.

Reply to
RayV

How thick a piece of wood will the laser cut? ;>)

Reply to
Gerald Ross

I think it's to preheat the grain before you cut it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

look at newer quetion on Jigsaws FYI jigsaws and Sabre saw are the same thing

Reply to
yanmorg

Who cares?

Get a Bosch barrel body (i.e. one made in the Scintilla factory), or maybe the good Makita. No doubt the Fein / Festool fans have their favourites too. Anything less than this just isn't playing in the same league though. A jigsaw is one hand power tool where buying one of the good ones just works far better than you'd believe, until you'd tried it. You don't have to pay Festool money, but you do have to get into the Bosch =A3130 region.

Reply to
Andy Dingley