saber saw mystery (or do you say sabre?)

When I went for my Bosch sabre saw this morning the plug was missing so I went to Menards and got a Makita model 4324. I bought a pack of blades along with it, the other-than-Bosch kind. When I opened the Makita box, there was a complimentary blade inside, but it was a Bosch type. The instructions didn't mention anything about it, but does this tool take both types of blades? The Bosch type that was included works, but the small cross-tabs don't seem to insert up into the shank the way they would in a Bosch. Just curious, before I rip open the package of new blades I bought and find out they don't fit.

Reply to
edswoods.1

Don't know about the blades, but, now that you've got a Makita replacement, I'll pay the shipping of the plug-less Bosch to me.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

I'm a little bit puzzled by something. Is "the plug was missing" British understatement for some horrible disaster or were you saying that the thing on the end of the power cord that plugs into the wall to transfer power was missing?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Nope. Gonna put it out on the curb next to the shop vac that's got something stuck in the hose. No, I'm gonna get a stock replacement somewhere online, I guess. Just don't like taped-up cords.

Reply to
edswoods.1

the thing on the end of the power cord that plugs into the wall.

Isn't there a single word in Boschian for this, like: thingenschtickenwallener?

Reply to
edswoods.1

Just go down to the local hardware store and get a replacement plug.

Reply to
CW

"Plug".

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

: the thing : on the end of the power cord that plugs into the wall.

: Isn't there a single word in Boschian for this, like: : thingenschtickenwallener?

Yep, that's the word. In a closely related dialect (Metoboianski) it's 'vatustikenindewallen'.

How on earth did you lose it -- have it plugged in through a car window and you forgot to unplug it before driving off? Big cat? Got really hungry?

-- Andy Barss, most curious

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Around here you can get a replacement plug at any hardware store and even some supermarkets. I'd have done that before I paid money for a Makita.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I was completely unprepared for it - pulled it out of the van and half the length of the cord and plug were missing. Dangling out the door and getting caught on something I drove by is a definite possibility. Anyway, I like the 59.00 Makita

- it's nice and light, and has orbital action and variable speed. The Bosch I'll keep in the shop and the Makita will stay in the truck.

Reply to
edswoods.1