+'s & -'s of Left & right hand tilt tablesaw

What are the pluses & minuses of left hand tilt to a right hand tilt tablesaw. TIA
If your saw tilts to the left, then stuff slides off to the left. Same with the right. For this reason I like to keep my tablesaw level.
-Jack

.... except in Australia.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

Yes, ours slide either off the front or the back :-)
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 5 Reviews: - Infinity Router Bits - Incra Wonder Fence - Veritas Jointer Blade Sharpener - Miller Dowel System - Robert Sorby Woodturning Chisels ------------------------------------------------------------
Just what you'd expect from being upside down and bassackwards. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

This one comes up alot - DAGS, and you will get a bunch of info. The "short form" is that if you're left handed, go with a RT, right hand, LT. HTH
John Moorhead

wrote in

I'll complicate it a little bit and say that I'm right-handed with a right- tilt saw, and was quite happy in my ignorance. Of course now that I know I should have a left-tilt, my life has been a living hell and I can't even walk into the shop anymore.
Dan

The real answer, is do some searches, because this subject has been beat to death so many times, that no one wants to start it again.
--
Jim in NC

snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

If you get a left tilt, the people who like right tilts will spend two weeks giving you reasons why that was the wrong choice. If you get a right tilt, the people who like left tilts will spend two weeks giving you reasons why that was the wrong choice.
I, OTOH, will just scream now.
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, I feel better.