S-OT: Soundproofing

Ran across this stuff. Some PDF's on their website about how to soundproof rooms - targeted at Home Theaters, but would assume it's applicable to shop owners.

mttt

You obviously didn't look at the prices of $89 - 199 per 4x8 sheet. Yeooowwwwch

Rich

Reply to
RKON

Try moving to a 5 acre or 25 acre block. You don't even have to yell at the dog for barking. Too far away to bother the neighbours with noise. Boonie

Reply to
Ken Thomas

Nope - didn't look at the prices. My Home Theater is already 'rocked and has Soundboard in it. And my "shop" is in the garage, also already rocked.

Thought the PDF's on their site were educational.

Reply to
mttt

I am soundproofing my basement shop and I did some research on sound proofing and I did used a 2X4 staggered on 2X8 base plate weaved with fiberglass and with 2 layers of 1/2"" rock for some of the walls. It works ok. The ceiling is a different story I havent solved that yet. I may put some of the aluminum channels used in sound proofing and give it a whirl. I haven't even finihed my shop and purchasing tools and Yeoooowwwwch $$$$$$.

Reply to
RKON