S-OT: OWWM - to what's the most recent power tool introduced?

Page 2 of 2
I guess I shouldn't really be surprised - but I am. That old? Really? I gotta go research it now. Ahh jeez!
<hmm, searches...>
You're right of course, found a reference first hit in Giggle:
http://216.239.53.104/search?q Κche:gZzKuJV13d4J:www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/about.nsf/vwFiles/milwaukee-story/%24FILE/MET_History-B.pdf%3FOpenElement+sawzall+history&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
or http://tinyurl.com/yw4up for lazy clickers.
Well, another day validated with learning, thanks for that. But what *would* be the newest tool that is not just a variation of a theme then?
--
Greg

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
βœ–
Power miter box?
I don't remember seeing one before 20 or so years ago. IIRC

Mark

N.E. Ohio
βœ–

Well, no. Rockwell (Delta) claims to be the first but Tannewitz (a word meaning very, very, very good wooddorking machinery) pre-dated the Rockwell (Delta). Exact dates are not at my finger tips.
UA100
Add pictures here
βœ–

Back in about 1970 I worked for a carpenter that had a power miter saw. It was a belt drive, all blue, probably anodized aluminum unit. Had a lever thing under the saw (about where now they have the angle adjust) that operated it. A little round chrome power switch right there on top this lever. Don't recall the name but Tannewitz doesn't ring a bell.
-- John, in Minnesota
Add pictures here
βœ–
John, in MN wrote:

That would have probably been the Rockwell (Delta) and not the Tannewitz.
I did find the literature I was looking for on the Tannewitz. The date for this, as you will read, is 1926 which kinda blows Rockwell/Delta much later claim away.
http://www.oldwwmachines.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?idx
UA100
Add pictures here
βœ–
Groggy wrote:

Most recent new power thing I can think of is the Rotozip.
βœ–
Silvan wrote:

The rotozip is really just a die grinder with attachments.

Mark

N.E. Ohio
βœ–

a _cheap_ die grinder with _hokey_ attachments....
Add pictures here
βœ–
Bridger wrote:

And speaking of which, any..., umm..., anyone want..., well..., anyone want..., hmmm..., anyone want to..., well,
buy mine...?
UA100, semi-ashamed to admit falling for one of these when he was doing some drywall work but not ashamed enough to not try and make some money back onnit...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Another variation on a router or a die grinder.
UA100
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@donotuse.com says...

How old is the compound sliding miter saw? Of course, it could be considered a variant of a radial arm saw, which could be a variant of the sawmill circular saw, etc. ...
Did you know someone once claimed to have found circular saw marks on a block from an Egyptian pyramid?
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Add pictures here
βœ–

Right next to the empty wrappers of Martian Power Bars.
Add pictures here
βœ–
mttt responds:

And those were on top of Coke bottles.
Charlie Self "Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin
βœ–