Ryobi & the Vance Packard Blues

A Ryobi 12V cordless drill, model CTH1202K2, has been a mainstay in my tool arsenal for about four years. One of the batteries went out and Home Depot had an identical-looking one which I bought. When I tried to put the new

battery in the old charger though it wouldn't go, because of a small plastic tab molded into the case of the battery. It just looks to me like the only reason that tab is there is to keep the consumer from using the new battery on an old drill, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm curious if anyone has had the wreckless courage or plain stupidity to grind off the tab and try using the battery anyway, because it looks like it would work otherwise.

Reply to
BUB 209

Snip> wreckless courage or plain stupidity Are you sure you want an answer ? You're already contemplating on removing the tab. Why don't you do it and get back to us BuB

Reply to
Dan Parrell