Ryobi Table saw doesnt cut square

I am using the mitre slide thingy with a a larger timber backiing screwed onto it and I want to cut the ends of timber square but each time I pass it through it is not square. Sometimes I turn the wood over and pass it through again and it seems a lot more square.
What is wrong - how do I fix? Mike
fam wrote:

have a look at: http://bt3central.com /
You should join the bt3K forum...
Anyway... 1 Try gluing some sandpaper on the sliding miter table arm. It will hold the wood steady.
2 The Miter tables sits a bit high of the cutting area -- to reduce friction -- so do not tilt the wood into the saw.
3 Make sure there is no slop in the miter table when you wiggle it, If there is -- follow the procedure for tightening up the table -- be gentle the eccentric does not require significant pressure -- just that everything is firm and still slides freely.
Slow steady pressure on the cut. Exert downward pressure on the niter table.
If it is a long 2X4 an extension table is nice (and an out feed...) -- see my web site and look at the shop.