Ryobi Radial Arm Saw Recall

A quick note for those who might not be aware of this..
According to the Syracuse, NY Post-Standard on July 18, about 145,000 Ryobi radial arm saws "are being recalled because cracks in the plastic housing the motor can cause the blade to fall out while the saw is in use. The recall includes all RA200 and RA202 radial arm saws, which are bench-top models with 8-1/4 inch blades. A plate behind the operator grip says 'Ryobi 8-1/4" ' and either 'RA200' or 'RA202.' The saws were sold at home centers and hardware stores between 1886 and 1997. For information, visit www.ryobi.com"
-- Jim
1886!!!! Ryobi saws last that long????????
KENDALL SEYBERT wrote:

KENDALL SEYBERT wrote:

It's a good thing they stopped selling them in 1997 or Ryobi would be featuring the "quick blade release".
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

with the amazing red ragged line to show where it has travelled up & over the body of the hapless victim of the said quick release mechanism. Jock
KENDALL SEYBERT wrote:

Hm...wonder when the whole trunnion is going to fall out of my foldup Ryobi tablesaw which, I foud out later, is only fastened to the top with four small #8 screws in plastic?