Ryobi miter saw (TS1343L) has no lock plate?

It's mentioned about a dozen times in the manual but it's not shown in the figures.
On 9/1/2013 12:46 PM, John Doe wrote:

Seems that it would have been less trouble to "show it in the figures" rather than mention it a dozen times that it is not in the figures. :~)
Leon <lcb11211 swbelldotnet> wrote:

I don't know what that means.
I think the lock plate doesn't exist on this model, that's why they don't show it. I have no idea why they mention it a dozen times, except maybe sloppy paperwork. I've seen one other person with the same question, on the Internet. I'm surprised more don't have the same question, but maybe nobody else reads the manual. Or maybe they don't care to ask, considering the low price.
On 9/1/2013 2:30 PM, John Doe wrote:

I was just trying to be funny. Sorry