Ryobi CMS

Hello all, was at Home Depot tonight and of course ended up in the tool section. Saw a Ryobi 10" CMS with a laser line. I have no experience with Ryobi tools. Anyone have any advice? This was on sale for $169. Help!!! Jay
snipped-for-privacy@nc.rr.com wrote:

If you have no experience with Ryobi tools I'd say you're lucky. I'd also try and keep it that way.
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Saw a Ryobi 10" CMS with a laser line. I have no

I had a Ryobi miter saw a number of years ago. It was still good when it died.
I was on a job site, and was due a lumber delivery any time. It was lunch time, and I was going out, but was afraid that the load would come while I was gone. I moved my Ryobi way off to the side of the driveway, thinking that was a smart thing to do; getting it out of the way of the truck.
I came back from lunch, to find my saw, completely crushed, from a truck running over it. I took it in to the contractor sales desk, and said I thought they owed me a new saw. They agreed, and a new saw was soon in my van, with me only paying about 20 bucks to cover the depreciation of my 5 year old saw.
Despite what some say, a Ryobi is a better than average saw, for below average prices.
--
Jim in NC

I will stay away from Ryobi. I had 4 Ryobi power tools including Table saw. These tools are cheep, but lack in performance and accuracy. I was happy when I got rid of them. Stay with brand as Deawalt, Bosch, Proctor Cable, Makita, Delta, Jet, It will be worth the investment.

snipped-for-privacy@nc.rr.com wrote in

What are your needs? Are you a homeowner doing fix-ups?
How often are you going to use it? Will there be more error by you or the saw?
Is this your firt CMS?
NJBrad
Answers to NJBrad's questions: My needs are for mainly a trim/moulding saw . Sold my Mikita 14" miter saw. It was a monster that wouldn't do bevels. Yes, I am an old (retired) home owner with many projects. Until we get daughter/son-in-law grand kids in our house I will be very busy. After that the normal honey-do grandpa type of projects. Since I am diagnosed with Esential Tremor (old man's shake) I think most tools are better than me. First CMS. Getting tougher to do compound cuts on table saw. Probably will end up with Delta MS275, $139 or $149, forget which, at Lowes. Thanks to all for the advice. Jay

I own a Ryobi drill press & scrollsaw. I like 'em both. Nuff said? Good luck Joe

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
I've seen other replies to your post telling you to stay away from Ryobi tools, but my experience is different. I've had one of their 14.4 cordless drills for close to 5 years and it's worked great and it really shouldn't after the amount of use it's taken. A friend has a Ryobi 10" CMS and it's just beginning to lose the brake. It was well worth it though as he built his own home, garage, shed and numerous other garages using it. In fact, in his own home, each and every 2 x 6 stud had to be cut because of the particular requirments he had, and the saw is still working.
Don