Ryobi CMS

Hello all, was at Home Depot tonight and of course ended up in the tool section. Saw a Ryobi 10" CMS with a laser line. I have no experience with Ryobi tools. Anyone have any advice? This was on sale for $169. Help!!! Jay

Reply to
jhahn2

If you have no experience with Ryobi tools I'd say you're lucky. I'd also try and keep it that way.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

I had a Ryobi miter saw a number of years ago. It was still good when it died.

I was on a job site, and was due a lumber delivery any time. It was lunch time, and I was going out, but was afraid that the load would come while I was gone. I moved my Ryobi way off to the side of the driveway, thinking that was a smart thing to do; getting it out of the way of the truck.

I came back from lunch, to find my saw, completely crushed, from a truck running over it. I took it in to the contractor sales desk, and said I thought they owed me a new saw. They agreed, and a new saw was soon in my van, with me only paying about 20 bucks to cover the depreciation of my 5 year old saw.

Despite what some say, a Ryobi is a better than average saw, for below average prices.

Reply to
Morgans

I will stay away from Ryobi. I had 4 Ryobi power tools including Table saw. These tools are cheep, but lack in performance and accuracy. I was happy when I got rid of them. Stay with brand as Deawalt, Bosch, Proctor Cable, Makita, Delta, Jet, It will be worth the investment.

snipped-for-privacy@nc.rr.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What are your needs? Are you a homeowner doing fix-ups?

How often are you going to use it? Will there be more error by you or the saw?

Is this your firt CMS?

NJBrad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

Reply to
jhahn2

I've seen other replies to your post telling you to stay away from Ryobi tools, but my experience is different. I've had one of their 14.4 cordless drills for close to 5 years and it's worked great and it really shouldn't after the amount of use it's taken. A friend has a Ryobi 10" CMS and it's just beginning to lose the brake. It was well worth it though as he built his own home, garage, shed and numerous other garages using it. In fact, in his own home, each and every 2 x 6 stud had to be cut because of the particular requirments he had, and the saw is still working.

Don

Reply to
V.E. Dorn

I own a Ryobi drill press & scrollsaw. I like 'em both. Nuff said? Good luck Joe

Reply to
kb8qlr