Ryobi BTS20

Does anyone have any experience with this saw? On the surface it appears to be a decent little saw for casual use. It folds down to a nice compact size, has large wheels for easy mobility, the fence seems decent, though the miter looks pretty cheesy.

I'm wondering if this is a good saw for the price ($250 range). My needs are minimal (I won't be making furniture - just occasionally need to rip or crosscut in a straight line).

I currently have an old Delta/Rockwell 9" TS with a messed up arbor where it meets the pulley, so there is vibration (bearings are fine - the pulley is wobbly), although the rest of the saw is in good shape. It needs a new blade, but I'm not sure it's worth investing in. I'm concerned mostly about the safety aspect of the exposed motor/pulleys/belt with little kids about. Plus, it's hard to find 9" blades and the motor is on the weak side.

Thanks in advance for any advice, Pete

Reply to
Peter Young