Ryobi Battery Replacements

I havea Ryobi HP1202M cordless drill with a 12v Nicad battery#1311148. Are there other batteries that can be used as replacemets to this battery, especially nimh?
Open up the old battery pack and see if it uses C or D cells.
Then make a replacement pack with high capacity (5ah for C and 11aH for D) NiMH batteries. Of course, the Ryobi charger is probably NOT going to properly charge the NiMH batteries, so you would need something like a Maha 777Plus charger to go along with this
Did this with a old PC cordless drill, get more than 2x the run times with the new hicap NiMH battery pack
Otherwise, unless Ryobi makes a replacement NiMH pack for that old drill, you are out of luck.
John

HD has Royobi batteries. Not too cheap. I've got a 14.4v drill and the battery costs $49. Senco's Dura Spin has the same exact battery and charger as the Royobi, but the cost is $25 more. I'm stuck too. Both of my batteries are dead.

http://www.primecell.com/ No affiliation, just aware of the service.
--
Paul
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com