Ryobi Battery Replacements

I havea Ryobi HP1202M cordless drill with a 12v Nicad battery#1311148. Are there other batteries that can be used as replacemets to this battery, especially nimh?

Reply to
Norm

Open up the old battery pack and see if it uses C or D cells.

Then make a replacement pack with high capacity (5ah for C and 11aH for D) NiMH batteries. Of course, the Ryobi charger is probably NOT going to properly charge the NiMH batteries, so you would need something like a Maha 777Plus charger to go along with this

Did this with a old PC cordless drill, get more than 2x the run times with the new hicap NiMH battery pack

Otherwise, unless Ryobi makes a replacement NiMH pack for that old drill, you are out of luck.

John

Reply to
John Crea

HD has Royobi batteries. Not too cheap. I've got a 14.4v drill and the battery costs $49. Senco's Dura Spin has the same exact battery and charger as the Royobi, but the cost is $25 more. I'm stuck too. Both of my batteries are dead.

Reply to
Wilson

2600mAh nicd $49.50.
No affiliation, just aware of the service.
Reply to
Paul
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Don't forget if you are changing from NiCD to NiMH you normally need a Hi-Capacity charger & your existing charger may not do the job.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

The Ryobi batteries use "Sub C" size cells, tagged for soldering together. Rated at 1.2V, you'll need 10 for your battery housing. Shop around - Ryobi traditionally use 'unbranded' (Read seconds) from Matsushita, usually rated at 600 to 800 mA/hour. You can easily buy 1800mA/Hour (1.8Amp-Hour) cells and I've recently seen 3000mA/Hour (3 Amp-Hour) cells.

Then just strip the housing down, duplicate the layout of the old cells with new, soldered together and then install the new ones, charge overnight and you're off.

As for cell types, although NiMH offers no "memory", it can only be charged through about 500 cycles, to NiCd's 1200!!

Reply to
Norman Lever