RYOBI AP10 Surface Planer

I have a Ryobi AP10 Surface Planer that I need an operators manual for. Anyone have one they can scan or know where I can get one.

Thanks,

Roanin

Reply to
ROANIN

Google is (sometimes) your friend.

Try here:

HeyBub

Bub, you have no Idea how many hours I have spent on Google searching for this manual with no success.

Roanin

Reply to
ROANIN

Just curious --- why do you need it? I posted a message concerning parts and repair a couple of years ago and have received several emails regarding parts sources (one a week or so ago). I might be able to help if yours is broken. My machine was an AP12 but they are cousins..

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Well I bought it off a buddy of mine and have used it a lot and I think the blades need to be sharpened or at the least cleaned. I just wanted to see what the manual said about removal and installation.

Reply to
ROANIN

> Thanks Bub, you have no Idea how many hours I have spent on Google

You're welcome. The reason I was so quick off the draw was that just hours before I bought a used Ryobi AP-12.

After playing with it for an hour or so, I found a way to keep insects from entering the house!

Here's what you do:

  1. Buy about three cedar fence pickets (PT won't work)
  2. Plane the boards down to about 1/8".
  3. Throw away the resulting thin picket.
  4. Sprinkle the resulting 12 cubic yards of shavings about 6" deep around the perimeter of your house. Discard the remaining 8 cubic yards of fluff.
Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:4I2dnVruWs5c4VjRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

You could joint the cedar pickets down to just a few tiny strips if you want to protect your neighbor's house as well. ;-)

Planer shavings work great as fire starters. Started one the other night by dumping a garbage bag of shavings on the various sticks and logs and lighting a handful. 10 minutes later, we had a roaring fire.

Puckdorpper

Reply to
Puckdropper