RYOBI AP10 Surface Planer

I have a Ryobi AP10 Surface Planer that I need an operators manual for. Anyone have one they can scan or know where I can get one.
Thanks,
Roanin
ROANIN wrote:

Google is (sometimes) your friend.
Try here:
http://powertool.manualsonline.com/mdownloads/1abfaaf4-2403-41b4-98c6-498c87d853b1.pdf
HeyBub wrote:

http://powertool.manualsonline.com/mdownloads/1abfaaf4-2403-41b4-98c6-498c87d853b1.pdf Thanks Bub, you have no Idea how many hours I have spent on Google searching for this manual with no success.
Roanin

Just curious --- why do you need it? I posted a message concerning parts and repair a couple of years ago and have received several emails regarding parts sources (one a week or so ago). I might be able to help if yours is broken. My machine was an AP12 but they are cousins..
RonB
RonB wrote:

blades need to be sharpened or at the least cleaned. I just wanted to see what the manual said about removal and installation.
ROANIN wrote:

You're welcome. The reason I was so quick off the draw was that just hours before I bought a used Ryobi AP-12.
After playing with it for an hour or so, I found a way to keep insects from entering the house!
Here's what you do: 1. Buy about three cedar fence pickets (PT won't work) 2. Plane the boards down to about 1/8". 3. Throw away the resulting thin picket. 4. Sprinkle the resulting 12 cubic yards of shavings about 6" deep around the perimeter of your house. Discard the remaining 8 cubic yards of fluff.

You could joint the cedar pickets down to just a few tiny strips if you want to protect your neighbor's house as well. ;-)
Planer shavings work great as fire starters. Started one the other night by dumping a garbage bag of shavings on the various sticks and logs and lighting a handful. 10 minutes later, we had a roaring fire.
Puckdorpper