Ryobi AP10 Planer

Page 1 of 2
--WebTV-Mail-16692-7024 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
I have a Ryobi AP 10 planer. Does anybody know where I can get the knives for this planer.
Trendlines used to sell them for $29.99 a few years back. The woodoworking show in Tampa Fl wanted $129.99, no way.
I read the posts in this group every day. And have learned more and saved and printed out a lot of your threads.
And yes, there are lady woodworkers out here. And very good ones too.
Thanks in advance.
Pat
--WebTV-Mail-16692-7024 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-16692-7024--
I have a Ryobi AP 10 planer. Does anybody know where I can get the knives for this planer.
Trendlines used to sell them for $29.99 a few years back. The woodoworking show in Tampa Fl wanted $129.99, no way.
Tried www.ordertree.com They carry Ryobi replacement parts. They are special order at $95.00.
Time to look for a new planer maybe?
These places say they have them for under $32. However, amazon, who they seem to refer to, says they are no loner in stock. The blades are actually made by Freud. Model is #C600.
http://www.cubando.com/universal/Brands/Freud/Planer_Knives/P-0000000a0000436b6e616165364c3850/Freud_C600_10_Replacement_Planer_Knives_for_Ryobi_AP10_-_2-Piece_Set / http://www.solango.com/universal/Categories/Power_Tools/Jointers/PID0000000a0000436b30616165524c3850/Freud_C600_10_Replacement_Planer_Knives_for_Ryobi_AP10_-_2-Piece_Set /
If you do manage to get some, please put the site on the group. There are a lot of AP10's out there.
Len ------------------------------- Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

--WebTV-Mail-15704-3669 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Thanks for all the help. Jesada is suppose to have them. I'll let everyone know If I can ever get to talk to anyone without hanging on the phone for 30 minutes.
They are right up the road from me about 10 miles here in Tampa Bay area in florida.
Pat.
--WebTV-Mail-15704-3669 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-15704-3669--

knives for this planer.<<<
I purchased a set for mine less than a year ago (I think about $30) from Freud. The Freud stock number is C600. Rob Mills ~
--WebTV-Mail-23405-2958 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
I went to there site ( Freud) and they direct you to amazon .com. Amazon says they are dscontinued. If I ever can get through to Jesada Tools, formerly CMT. Their lines are always busy.
Pat.
--WebTV-Mail-23405-2958 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-23405-2958--
Pat notes:

The Jesada web site does NOT show 10" planer blades. Closest is 12".
You might try buying 12" blades of the correct thickness and depth and then have someone saw them to length for you...I'd say do it yourself, but I'm not sure a hacksaw is the way to go here and that's what most of us have.
Charlie Self "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office." Ambrose Bierce
www.freud-tools.com/freudplanjoi.html

They made it kind of like an Easter egg hunt, The C600 AP-10 blades are listed under the jointer blades. RM~
--WebTV-Mail-15143-8732 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Thanks for all your help. Now if I only had a phone # for that place. Never put a credit card # on line.
Pat.
--WebTV-Mail-15143-8732 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-15143-8732--
take a look at the upper left hand corner of the web page, (you have my permission to feel dumb) - George On Tue, 11 May 2004 20:14:50 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Pat) wrote:

Order Line 978-264-9900 M-F 9:00-5:30
--
Jon Down
` end
Pat wrote:

"Grandpa" <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote in message

No, probably not the AP-10, this planer was the first of its kind and came out in the mid to late 80's. There have been 2 or 3 models introduced since tthe AP-10 that have been sold by HD.
Try Freud...they had an exact match for the AP10 Ryobi / Benchmark 10" planer if I remember right. Ryobi themselves no longer carry them.
--
Jon Down
My eBay items currently listed:
"Pat" writes:

SFWIW, sold a set of new AP10 blades to someone on this list for $25 including shipping a couple of years ago.
My suggestion would be if you can get your existing blades sharpened, do so. Otherwise donate it to Goodwill, take the tax write-off and get a new planer.
HTH
Lew