Ryobi AP10 Planer

I have a Ryobi AP 10 planer. Does anybody know where I can get the knives for this planer.

Trendlines used to sell them for $29.99 a few years back. The woodoworking show in Tampa Fl wanted $129.99, no way.

I read the posts in this group every day. And have learned more and saved and printed out a lot of your threads.

And yes, there are lady woodworkers out here. And very good ones too.

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Reply to
Pat

Trendlines used to sell them for $29.99 a few years back. The woodoworking show in Tampa Fl wanted $129.99, no way.

Tried

They carry Ryobi replacement parts. They are special order at $95.00.

Time to look for a new planer maybe?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have a Ryobi AP 10 planer. Does anybody know where I can get the knives for this planer.

Trendlines used to sell them for $29.99 a few years back. The woodoworking show in Tampa Fl wanted $129.99, no way.

I read the posts in this group every day. And have learned more and saved and printed out a lot of your threads.

And yes, there are lady woodworkers out here. And very good ones too.

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Reply to
Bob Gramza

Don't HD and Lowes carry this planer? If so they may well have replacement blades in stock. I recently bought a Ridgid jointer from HD and was able to get blades from them at the store, something many said would be next to impossible to get.

Pat wrote:

Reply to
Grandpa
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Try Freud...they had an exact match for the AP10 Ryobi / Benchmark 10" planer if I remember right. Ryobi themselves no longer carry them.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

No, probably not the AP-10, this planer was the first of its kind and came out in the mid to late 80's. There have been 2 or 3 models introduced since tthe AP-10 that have been sold by HD.

Reply to
Leon

These places say they have them for under $32. However, amazon, who they seem to refer to, says they are no loner in stock. The blades are actually made by Freud. Model is #C600.

you do manage to get some, please put the site on the group. There are a lot of AP10's out there.

Len

------------------------------- Edw> I have a Ryobi AP 10 planer. Does anybody know where I can get the

Reply to
Leonard Lopez

SFWIW, sold a set of new AP10 blades to someone on this list for $25 including shipping a couple of years ago.

My suggestion would be if you can get your existing blades sharpened, do so. Otherwise donate it to Goodwill, take the tax write-off and get a new planer.

HTH

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I got a set long ago from Highland Hardware in Atlanta.

However, I've gotten a new planer in the time since then.

Reply to
Lazarus Long

Thanks for all the help. Jesada is suppose to have them. I'll let everyone know If I can ever get to talk to anyone without hanging on the phone for 30 minutes.

They are right up the road from me about 10 miles here in Tampa Bay area in florida.

Pat.

Reply to
Pat

knives for this planer.

Reply to
Rob Mills

I went to there site ( Freud) and they direct you to amazon .com. Amazon says they are dscontinued. If I ever can get through to Jesada Tools, formerly CMT. Their lines are always busy.

Pat.

Reply to
Pat

Pat notes:

The Jesada web site does NOT show 10" planer blades. Closest is 12".

You might try buying 12" blades of the correct thickness and depth and then have someone saw them to length for you...I'd say do it yourself, but I'm not sure a hacksaw is the way to go here and that's what most of us have.

Charlie Self "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office." Ambrose Bierce

Reply to
Charlie Self

Rob Mills

They made it kind of like an Easter egg hunt, The C600 AP-10 blades are listed under the jointer blades. RM~

Reply to
Rob Mills

Actually the Jesada site does in fact show the blades for the AP-10

I got this from their site today doing a search for Ryobi

SPK-025 SPECIALITY PLANER & JOINTER KNIVES - German Tool Steel Fit = Ryobi AP10 Knife length = 10-3/8" Knife width = 1-1/4"

1/8" knife thickness #Knives in set = 2 Price: $54.90

begin 666 cartbutton.gif M1TE&.#EA$P`0`*(``/___^'AX>'AP,# P)F9:&AH: ```/X!`B'Y! 44``

Reply to
Leon

Thanks for all your help. Now if I only had a phone # for that place. Never put a credit card # on line.

Pat.

Reply to
Pat

And Jesada Tools is right down the road from me , about 10 miles. but just haven't gotten through there phone system.

Pat.

Reply to
Pat

If I were you I would do a trial order from the web site and verify that the knives are in stock. Cancel the order and the drive up there and get them. They have been running less than efficiently lately and this method may be quicker than waiting for the phone to answer.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
George Geddes