Ryobi AP10 hood

I have been looking for a dust collector hood to fit my Ryobi AP10. Have had no luck searching on the web. Does anybody know of a source?

Thanks, Len

Reply to
lopez

lopez asks:

You're probably going to have to check with someone locally who bends sheet metal. The AP10 was one of the first, if not THE first, portable planer to come out. Offhand, I can't think of a single one that had a dust hood back 15 or more years ago. I ran through a lot of dust masks with mine.

Charlie Self "Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin

Charlie Self

Try this URL:

've been using my AP10 with a ryboi supplied dust hood for about 15 years. Great little planer. Dusthood wasn't the best though. Narrows down to an opening meant for a small shop vac fitting. I've got mine plumbed into by dust collection system and fitted a wooden "donut" into a piece of 4" flexible hose that would go around the dusthood opening. Works pretty well but find that it will occasionally clog up if I'm planing maple (something about the chip size from maple seems to do it).

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Reply to
Thornbridge

It's in the June '91 issue. Don't think I have a copy anymore!

Reply to
Gary

I bought mine from Billious toll free at 1-877-245-5468 (if you are west of the Mississippi). You can also try Dixie Sales toll free at 1-877-794-7225 (East of Mississippi).

Reply to
Don Kirkpatrick