Ryobi 3x21 belt sander question

I have recently purchased the Ryobi 3x21 belt sander. When the trigger is pulled the sander takes about 2 seconds to begin running. It comes up to speed and runs fine. The manual says nothing about the slow start. Is this normal or bad karma for not buying the lovely Craftsman 3x21 sander?

If it makes you feel any better, the Craftsman is probably made by Ryobi.
Does the Ryobi not turn at all for 2 seconds?
> I have recently purchased the Ryobi 3x21 belt sander. When the trigger > is pulled the sander takes about 2 seconds to begin running. It comes > up to speed and runs fine. The manual says nothing about the slow > start. > Is this normal or bad karma for not buying the lovely Craftsman 3x21 > sander?
Why fool with it,take it back and exchange it.
You probably didn't spend 2nd class money.
Why should you be satisfied with 2nd class performance?
Lew
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Mine starts immediately.
what model number?

It is model number BE321VS It has a variable speed control (which I have never had before on a belt sander) which made me wonder if the slow start was normal for this feature.

That might be normal if the speed control has feed back to keep a constant speed during a load. I have a router that starts up the same way.
On 14 Mar 2007 20:17:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Mine starts immediately. Take it back.

"> Mine starts immediately. Take it back."
Good advise, I took it back to the BORG. Went to my local toolhouse ( Where I should have gone in first place). Put hands on to test Bosch, PC, Dewalt. Liked e'm all. Bought the PC 3x21. (on sale) Thanks for all the help/advise.