rust removal on table saw

I've seen it. Mine sat for three weeks after being submerged before I could get to Biloxi to deal with them. Much of what was submerged went to the street.

I had a particular Unisaw that had both sentimental value and potential collectors value, and that is the machine I worked to restore. It has endured a complete dissassembly, derust, repaint and rebuild. Table will never have that fresh grind sheen, but is clean, functional and original, which was important to me. Took the motor apart, flushed it, baked it, replaced bearings, capacitors and centrigifugal switch and it kicked on.

What I did would not be worth the effort (time and money spent) for most machines, but as mentioned, this one had value to me.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

WD 40 does stand for Water Displacement. :-) It was the 40th version of the formula.

Whenever I need to clean the top of the TS I use a little WD 40 and a greenie (sctoch brite pad) under my ro sander. Wipe it down with paper towels and then some Johnsons paste wax to finish it out.

Reply to
bremen68