Rust removal / next generation taser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version? Would make a hella defensive weapon!
On 09/07/2016 8:02 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

I am surprised that our nanny state permits its sale with out thousands of guards, and other safety devices.
On 9/7/2016 12:27 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

In due time after one person uses it for the wrong reason.
On Wed, 07 Sep 2016 12:02:14 +0000
does a nice job
wonder if it can strip paint from wood without destroying the wood if it left some marks that would be ok and even some slight burns would be alright

it needs one thousand watts

in use already as an offensive weapon
maybe very offensive weapon is the better description
On Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 8:02:23 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:

At the beginning of this video you'll see the "base unit".
Ain't gonna work with a battery. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ_90920Zbg

DerbyDad03 wrote:

would be useful.
--
GW Ross

If a program is useless, it must be
On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 11:35:49 AM UTC-4, G. Ross wrote:

Uh oh...here come the regulations! ;-)
I did notice that in the OP's youtube link there was a vacuum hose near the pipe in the 2nd sequence but there was still a lot of smoke. Rust laden smoke or paint fumes...ain't neither one of them good for you.

Does it work on wood? Instead of a pressure washer to scrape paint from bldgs?
nb
notbob wrote:

--
GW Ross

Of course I'm sane. The voices said so.
@comwest.net says...

Apparently it does work on "delicate" materials--I found some references to using it for art restoration. I don't think that the Catholics want their cross to turn black.

Gonna paint it! Does "charcoal grey" wood require a primer? ;)
nb
A battery version would be great for a welder or general metal worker.
Martin
On 9/7/2016 7:02 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 10:36:24 PM UTC-4, Martin Eastburn wrote:

Check out the video link I posted earlier. There's a huge base unit that is attached to the device that you see being used by the operator. I'm guessing we're years away from anything that can be considered portable.

The video you posted is 6 yrs old. "Portable" is already a reality:
Mobile Trolley MTR-01 "TAKE THE LASER ANYWHERE! Increase the mobility of laser cleaning with the mobile trolley. It fits in the back of your car an can be loaded by one person only."
http://www.p-laser.com/PRODUCTS_detail.aspx?AGUID *d3b535-3bf5-490c-98c6-9af98d3f5cc0&LGUID65a502-c109-43ef-b1a1-dfba5f3edbf6
However, IMO battery powered probably is *many* years away.
For those wondering if the technology works on wood:
http://www.nortonsandblasting.com/nsblaserclean.html
"Restoration of the wooden crucifix in the church of Santa Maria of the Soul in Rome"
On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 7:12:51 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:

OK, so I'm living in the past. ;-)

I stumbled around that website but I couldn't find any specs as to the size or weight of the unit. "It fits in the back of your car" obviously depends on what kind of car you have and how strong the "one person" is.
Based on this image, I'd say it will fit in the back of 3 out of 4 of my vehicles, but they include a van, an SUV and a station wagon. Weight could still be the deciding factor as to it's level of portability.
http://www.imaxxdna.be/UPL/39dfd315-53a5-413e-98fb-7170ed7b14a1/engraving_baseplate_thumb.jpg
In any case, I want one!

On 9/9/2016 10:09 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

me just take it to the garage. [lights dim around the house].

Next gen taser/weapon? Maybe not, at least at lower power levels. Intentionally zapping a finger appears painless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TN9WNgxsmo